Prayers for my Grandfather
My grandfather, who has a heart condition, is scheduled to have a stress test on Friday. Would someone please explain to me the wisdom of giving an elderly man with a heart condition a stress test??? I cannot see the logic here.
My grandmother died directly as a result of a stress test.

Please pray for my grandfather. [Image: prayer.gif]
How did it go?

What is the point of one of those, anyway?

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
JLeigh Wrote:

My grandfather, who has a heart condition, is scheduled to have a stress test on Friday. Would someone please explain to me the wisdom of giving an elderly man with a heart condition a stress test??? I cannot see the logic here.

My grandmother died directly as a result of a stress test.

Please pray for my grandfather. [Image: prayer.gif]

Said and done. [Image: prayer.gif]
My Dad tried to pin the doctor down as to why he was wanting to give my grandfather a stress test, and all the doctor did is stutter and hem and haw, without giving a single concrete reason. Needless to say the test was cancelled.

I'm beginning to believe that doctors give stress tests when they don't know what else to do. [Image: mad.gif] Makes them look useful. Three members of mine and my husbands families have died directly as a result of stress tests. I don't like those odds at all.
How about a Holter monitor instead. It's non-invasive, but a bit uncomfy. It's worn for 24 hours. I had to wear one once because I was having a fluttering sensation in my chest. It began during a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. The sensation continued so the monitor was prescribed. Everything showed up normal, but the sensation continued.

It went away after I lost weight on the Atkins diet. Sometimes it is triggered by Sudafed. I have found that if I take co-enzyme Q10 with the sudafed I do not suffer ill effects.

Anyway, prayers for your grand-dad. He is blessed already to have you in his life.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
My grandfather passed away today.....he was not a Catholic. [Image: sad.gif]
My condolences and prayers for the repose of his soul.

My children spent all day making sacrifices for sinners to save souls from hell. I bet your grand dad's soul was one of those.

[Image: prayer.gif][Image: prayer.gif][Image: prayer.gif]

I'm sorry, Jennifer. My Grandfather died when I was 7 years old, so I know how you feel. He wasn't Catholic, either.
I'm sorry about your loss, Jennifer.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Jenn.