Glenn Beck and his "History" of the Crusaders
After last year's whopper about the Council of Nicea, I was wondering if Glenn Beck would come up with another one.

My radar went off tonight while catching some of it.  If you caught or catch the rerun of Friday's show, as best I remember it,  he started talking about an event in which the Crusaders walled up jews in (the Church of the Holy Sepulchre? not sure I heard right) and threw torches in to burn them alive. 

And when they were later being dug out the Muslims started attacking and they had to wall it up again. So, to this day the burnt bodies are still behind the wall. 

The interesting thing was the "historian" he had on his panel was asked by Beck if he knew "the story" and the guy quickly said, "I don't remember."  (which had the aire of passing the buck in order to preserve credibiliy ) And Beck went on and told this happy tale. 

Needless to say, I'm no expert on the nitty gritty of the Crusades but this one buried the needle of  stink meter.  I couldn't find anything in my books on a cursory look and nothing turned up on a google search. 

Does anyone know what this story that he's spouted to millions is about, really about or is he parroting a myth or making this one up on the spot? 
I didn't see that part but here's the link...

You know what Glenn Beck and John Hagee say about the end of days... That without the "state" of Israel, there cannot be a second coming of Christ.....
:pazzo:
Yup....Glenn Wreck, End of days and Israel

I did a quick search and found the story on Wikipedia, FWIW. The Wiki  ::) page says that something similar may or may not have happened, there were two different accounts from the same period. It says there were a rash of vigilante attacks against Jews at the times of the Crusades but that the Church officially condemned them and many churches gave Jews sanctuary from attackers.

So, yeah, Wiki says maybe. It's fit for print.
Glenn Beck is an apostate Catholic who nows resides in the grips of the Mormon heresy! :pray:
(05-21-2011, 01:29 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I didn't see that part but here's the link...

Thank you.  It's at the 12:00 minute mark on part B and David Barton adds an unsupported comment on the Inquisition on the very beginning of part C
(05-21-2011, 10:33 AM)salus Wrote: Glenn Beck is an apostate Catholic who nows resides in the grips of the Mormon heresy! :pray:
Exactly. People used to talk about his anti-Catholcism on CNN. Then he shut his mouth for awhile on Fox then started ramping up the Mormon history twists on Nicea and wearing the Freemason emblems. I can't believe Fox let Beck get away with his Mormon proselytizing all these years. It would be like putting a sede-vacante on Fox and  constantly yelling Rome conspiracy theories and subtly telling people the Pope is a fake. I no longer watch him and am glad he is being removed.
Boy, I knew this guy was out there, but this conflation of the Jews with his Mormonism is really weird. I hope Hawaii 50 comes and enlightens us a little. I think he is starting a new american religion here.

tim
(05-21-2011, 01:24 AM)Gerard Wrote: After last year's whopper about the Council of Nicea, I was wondering if Glenn Beck would come up with another one.

My radar went off tonight while catching some of it.   If you caught or catch the rerun of Friday's show, as best I remember it,  he started talking about an event in which the Crusaders walled up jews in (the Church of the Holy Sepulchre? not sure I heard right) and threw torches in to burn them alive. 

And when they were later being dug out the Muslims started attacking and they had to wall it up again. So, to this day the burnt bodies are still behind the wall. 

The interesting thing was the "historian" he had on his panel was asked by Beck if he knew "the story" and the guy quickly said, "I don't remember."  (which had the aire of passing the buck in order to preserve credibiliy ) And Beck went on and told this happy tale. 

Needless to say, I'm no expert on the nitty gritty of the Crusades but this one buried the needle of  stink meter.  I couldn't find anything in my books on a cursory look and nothing turned up on a google search. 

Does anyone know what this story that he's spouted to millions is about, really about or is he parroting a myth or making this one up on the spot? 

I missed that one, what did he say about the council of nicaea?