Glenn Beck and his "History" of the Crusaders
(05-21-2011, 01:28 PM)Melkite Wrote: I missed that one, what did he say about the council of nicaea?

Oh, you are in for a treat.

The Apostles creed was written at Nicea? The Apostles were still living at Nicea Beck? The whole story he told was completely false. Even History channel can debunk this stuff.
Not to mention he confuses the Dead Sea Scrolls with Nag Hamadi. The Dead Sea Scrolls are faithful copies of the Scriptures by the Essenes, and the other are apocraphyal and gnostic.  This guy has lost his marbles. I'd bet he entertains the delusion he is anothr Joseph Smith, that can lead America out of the wilderness with his special brand of patriotism wrapped up in his pop-ecumenical mor(m)onism. This guy is a danger to himself and anyone that does not have a formed conscience. He's like LSDand Timothy Leary for under educated fundamentalists.

tim
I like him when he talks about politics and the budget but when he starts in with religion and Israel he's a whack job.
Maybe we can sic Sean Hannity on him, you know, straighten him out on all the Catholic stuff.

Oh, wait...
(05-21-2011, 03:57 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I like him when he talks about politics and the budget but when he starts in with religion and Israel he's a whack job.
So close and yet so very, very far.

(05-21-2011, 04:08 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: Maybe we can sic Sean Hannity on him, you know, straighten him out on all the Catholic stuff.

Oh, wait...
(05-21-2011, 03:57 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I like him when he talks about politics and the budget but when he starts in with religion and Israel he's a whack job.

So tell me...what's this supposed to mean?
(05-21-2011, 04:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 04:08 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: Maybe we can sic Sean Hannity on him, you know, straighten him out on all the Catholic stuff.

Oh, wait...

That I agreed with you (I thought  :shrug:) I like him on politics, the rest can go.
(05-21-2011, 04:16 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 04:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote:

Oh, wait...

That I agreed with you (I thought  :shrug:) I like him on politics, the rest can go.

Oh OK...yeah...Hannity is the same way...only Hannity is a phony Catholic...along with O'Reilly,

The Church of Sean and Glenn would be hysterical. First Sean told off Fr. Enteneuer saying he had gone to seminary. Later I find out he went to minor seminary or high school. So much for deep theological Truth when he doesn't get that right. Glenn has Catholicism and American history turned on their heads so he's a brilliant statesman. MSNBC is what commies call useful idiots, what Fox is with those two is doesn't have a name yet.

Pete, I found in the Regula where St. Benedict addresses excessive talking and laughter. So I see what you were saying, though it's not a prohibition on laughter, per se. If you check the rule for today , 5/21, it's there.

tim
(05-21-2011, 04:29 PM)timoose Wrote: The Church of Sean and Glenn would be hysterical. First Sean told off Fr. Enteneuer saying he had gone to seminary. Later I find out he went to minor seminary or high school. So much for deep theological Truth when he doesn't get that right. Glenn has Catholicism and American history turned on their heads so he's a brilliant statesman. MSNBC is what commies call useful idiots, what Fox is with those two is doesn't have a name yet.

Pete, I found in the Regula where St. Benedict addresses excessive talking and laughter. So I see what you were saying, though it's not a prohibition on laughter, per se. If you check the rule for today , 5/21, it's there.

tim

Yeah I think the wording is no excessive laughter or something like that. Of course the Rule is particularly for monks and nuns but it is beneficial for the lay people to live as much as possible by the spirit of the Rule.