What did you just order?
(06-18-2019, 06:02 PM)yablabo Wrote: This:

It's one of my favorite films.

Excellent movie! One of my favorites as well.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • yablabo
(06-07-2019, 07:06 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I ordered a couple packs of these holy cards to leave at my church and the chapel at work.

I also ordered Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin and The Heart: An Analysis of Human and Divine Affectivity by Dietrich von Hildebrand.[Image: ba1f278f2dd37bd7983bfaa87f5ec35e.jpg][Image: 811f04ea89ec5807c019bea3a389a7b6.jpg]
Augustinian, who's the author of the second image
I know that the first one is by Pompeo Batoni and it's located at Gesù church in Rome, but I have no clue who made this beautiful painting. 
Ite ad Ioseph
I ordered a used copy of Heart Gold and a used copy of Soul Silver.

I also ordered this interesting book.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=i...2414768845
I just received my new Sacred Heart chaplet in the mail today. And man, is it pretty. It has a nice weighty feel and seems to be pretty strong compared to most rosaries I've seen. I'm really excited to use it.

I got it from this shop on Etsy: https://etsy.me/2XX8cqY[Image: c9096f6b262f7a87b960bc72251a228b.jpg]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

Malachi Martin was right.
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • BCSweetie, JacafamalaRedux, SeeTheLight
(06-18-2019, 08:42 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: https://romancatholicgear.com/ I'm psyched!!!!!    Heart Heart Heart

[Image: Gun_Metal_Rosary_4_1024x1024.jpg?v=1557418013]
  • This is the “authentic” Combat Rosary originally designed by Father Richard Heilman, who was inspired to design this Combat Rosary based on the 1916 WWI US Government military issue pull chain service rosary.

• Others have, sadly, lifted Father Heilman’s intellectual property by exactly duplicating Father Heilman’s Combat Rosary, including the name itself.

• Father Heilman’s “authentic” Combat Rosary has a greater feel, weight and sturdiness than imitations.

• Father Heilman designed this Combat Rosary to use the most powerful of sacramentals by adding the Miraculous Medal, Benedict Medal and Pardon Crucifix, which makes it a powerful spiritual assault weapon against evil forces.

• The Pontifical Swiss Guard (who guard the Pope) now, daily, carries Father Heilman’s authentic Gun Metal Combat Rosary, as their official rosary.

• This authentic Combat Rosary comes in four colors: Silver, Gold, Bronze and Gun Metal.

• This authentic Combat Rosary includes a “Combat Rosary Concealed Carry Card” that is a humorous way to remind us that, as Padre Pio says, this is a mighty weapon against the power of Satan.

• This authentic Combat Rosary includes a business card size (for your wallet to have handy to give to a priest) "Exorcism & Blessing of the Medal of St. Benedict" and the “Traditional Rosary Blessing.”

• NOW INCLUDES the new pocket sized Genuine Lambskin Leather Combat Pouch! 

• All packed in a really cool Spiritual Ammo Tin.

• This authentic Combat Rosary is among the strongest rosaries ever created, which includes double split ring connectors.

This just finally came in the mail a week ago. I got it for my nephew, belated for his Confirmation, as he seemed disinterested in the book I got him, and I wanted to try again. I was looking for a different book when I saw these on TnT.  I talked to his Mom about this idea who said he had just asked her about the rosary, so she also thought it would be good to go for. I wanted to see what it looked like first, and wrap it with a note, so I had it sent to me, then I will send it to him. I got him the gunmetal one (I wanted bronze for him but they were out). I really like it. 

And yes, it is super sturdy, and looks and feels great. However I have had the entire package apart and spread out on a tray, which I put in the bright sun every day for a week now, because that "genuine leather pouch" is treated with something that really stinks a LOT.  Every thing stank of it. The inside of the tin, the card, the little booklet, even the rosary. The leather pouch was the last thing to get the stink baked out of, and though its not 100%, it is no longer offensive. I am so glad it came to me first so he did not have a bad surprise when he opened it.  I will take it to the mail tomorrow morning.

Later, when work starts up again, since they are not cheap, I would like to get one for my husband. The last rosary I got him had deep red beads which are now red and white because the red was just an outer layer that peeled off with use! I think he will like the gunmetal color.

I love a pretty rosary and the last one I bought was a plum glass rosary for $10. I guess you get what you pay for because it lasted a less than a week when the chain broke a second time but could not be repaired by me with missing links. So it goes in the pile with the other pretty-but-broken rosaires. So i am back to using my cheap plastic ones someone handmade with a fairly strong cord which hold up well. Though, the two I favor because I like the colors each have a missing bead or two since when the plastic bead breaks it's gone and you can't get another on there. 

So "pretty AND sturdy" is what I would like in a rosary, and later, when I don't feel the pinch so much, I am going to get this Battle Beads "floral" one in silver. I know, it competes with Combat Rosary (whom I desire to support), but I like the lacey floral look it has:
[Image: 20180815_170246_grande.jpg?v=1534629130]
Like Combat Rosary, the attachments to the strong chain are with a double ring, so that should help against things pulling off, which happens so often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes St.Eliza's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(07-19-2019, 11:17 PM)St.Eliza Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 08:42 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: https://romancatholicgear.com/ I'm psyched!!!!!    Heart Heart Heart

• This is the “authentic” Combat Rosary originally designed by Father Richard Heilman, who was inspired to design this Combat Rosary based on the 1916 WWI US Government military issue pull chain service rosary.

Like Combat Rosary, the attachments to the strong chain are with a double ring, so that should help against things pulling off, which happens so often.

A couple years ago, I ordered one of the "Combat Rosaries" and a couple prayer books from "RomanCatholic Gear" and wound up returning all of them.  The crucifix on the rosary did not look very good, and no kidding - the print on the St. Benedict medal was all backwards.  The books looked nice on the website, but when I got them they were small, flimsy, printed in China junk.

For contrast, I ordered the "Battle Beads" from Rugged Rosaries (cordbands.com) and have been a return customer for them for several orders.  They are great quality and value.
A violin, 

[Image: 51eEN2YT3NL.jpg]

a special edition doll for my collection, 

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

and an order to have my rosary re-made by the Carmelite nuns.

https://www.sistersofcarmel.com/rosary-repair/

The rosary is coming tomorrow, and I can't wait!  Big Grin

Edit: The rosary arrived and it's AMAZING. The nuns were very accommodating to my special requests, and did beautiful work on the links themselves. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a custom rosary, or to have one repaired or re-made.

Oh, and a Ruitertassen satchel. I've wanted one for years and one finally popped up on Ebay that I could afford. Yay!

[Image: s-l400.jpg]
I received my Legacy Icons order yesterday of St. Augustine and St. Monica. They honestly look really good, I'm pretty happy with them.

20190906-080347
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

Malachi Martin was right.
I thought  I'd ordered something: I won an ebay auction for a leather purse. Then the seller cancelled the transaction, saying that I'd requested to cancel (which I hadn't). Now I don't know what to do. sad
Not an order per se, but I just purchased from a local grocery store some gallon or so mesh vegetable bags. Reduce my reliance on plastic bags, footprint, blah, blah, and one or two I plan on to modify to use for ‘shroom foraging. Chanterelles are still in season. Big Grin

(09-17-2019, 07:47 PM)Birdie Wrote: Now I don't know what to do. sad

Report ‘em to ebay.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden