What did you just order?
(07-27-2020, 09:55 PM)Florus Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 11:42 AM)Augustinian Wrote: "Christ the Eternal Tao" by Hieromonk Damascene. I've been interested in the connections between Tao and Logos after finishing EM Jones' excellent book, "Logos Rising," in which he spoke of this connection as pointed out by missionaries to China. I'm glad to have found a book on this exact topic, albeit written by an Orthodox Hieromonk, given my own strong interest in rooting out the foreshadowing of Christ within the Gentile religions.

Aw cool! Be sure to share your thoughts when you read that one, I've seen it on Amazon but have never ordered it. The subject matter is very intriguing. I've always respected (but also been a little wary) of the monks connected to Fr. Serpahim.

90 pages in, and I say buy it. I've never read the Tao Teh Ching, but what Hieromonk Damascene does here is incredible. He constructs his own "poem" in the spirit of the Tao, using quote and elements of it, but it follows the Truth of the Gospel. And then he spends the rest of the book analyzing this "poem."
But, make sure you go to the St. Herman Press website to get it. It's much, much cheaper than on Amazon.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • PilgrimMichelangelo, Some Guy
A gorgeous image of the Sacred Heart.

[Image: pintor-barroco-desconhecido-jesus-cristo-d-217x284.jpg]
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Augustinian
I fell into the vanity mask crowd and got this face mask[Image: 517a9d7d97352badac7395107ed63066.jpg]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(11-10-2020, 12:29 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I fell into the vanity mask crowd and got this face mask[Image: 517a9d7d97352badac7395107ed63066.jpg]

I love it! Where can I buy it?! Here's what I just bought for hubby for Christmas. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TVJFG9L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus Charger 4-Slots Intelligent Universal Battery Charger for 14500 18650 21700 26650 32650 AAA AA C D Batteries 11.1V /3S Battery Pack

Brand: XTAR

$68.39 I think it'll pay for itself.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(11-10-2020, 11:10 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 12:29 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I fell into the vanity mask crowd and got this face mask[Image: 517a9d7d97352badac7395107ed63066.jpg]

I love it! Where can I buy it?! Here's what I just bought for hubby for Christmas. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TVJFG9L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus Charger 4-Slots Intelligent Universal Battery Charger for 14500 18650 21700 26650 32650 AAA AA C D Batteries 11.1V /3S Battery Pack

Brand: XTAR

$68.39 I think it'll pay for itself.
I got it off of Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/863028552/m...s-is-a-one

[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
[Image: 41KkLbUSmRL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

and

Oxford critical edition of Cicero's de Officiis. (pic didn't work for some reason)
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

Vos omnes amatores pulcherrimae linguae ecclesiae nostrae, videte filum quo de rebus sanctis profanisque colloqui possumus.
Not very exciting but I dialled for a gluten free vegetarian pizza. This is my first visit here for over a year so I won't stay long. I suppose people have been coping with the pandemic quarantine by online masses on Sundays. That's how I managed; I hope it doesn't make me too much of a naughty (old) girl that I looked around for the masses which took least time.

Anyway hello to people who recognise my online name and to the new (to me) people on the site. I was locked out of the site for quite some time - I had my password programmed into an old laptop that was stolen at the end of January. I hadn't locked the patio door properly though I thought I had and came home from the Saturday vigil mass to find it had gone. It could have been worse because there didn't seem to be anything else gone. It was some lads who had either got drunk or were stoned I think. It was a horrid feeling that they had been in the house though and put me off going out at night - well after dark - and come the spring of course there was that flipping virus.

New people, I'm from the UK so don't be alarmed if you see an 's' is my words where you might expect a 'z' and a few extra occurrences of 'u'. I do know that 'Patricks' should be 'Patrick's' but sometimes online sites can act strangely over an apostrophe and I had problems when I first signed in so decided to go ahead without the apostrophe.

Anyway, that's enough about me. I hope everyone is bearing up and not going too stir-crazy. I normally do some activities with a local (to me) organisation for retired and semi-retired people. We aren't meeting in person but have some meetings via Zoom and Skype. Take care everyone.