USCCB Will Remove St. Paul from the Canon?
I said on another forum...not only are the Jews responsible for the death of Christ, they are also responsible for the death of many Saints. I often wonder who killed more Catholics...the Mohams or the Jews.

(05-28-2011, 10:04 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(05-28-2011, 08:45 AM)GeorgeT Wrote:I love how they used CE instead of AD. Nice little way to deny Christ His due.

You know what's funny, though -- the whole BCE/CE thing is an attempt to secularize dating, so that non-Christians aren't offended by it, but the pivot point is still the birth of Christ. Try as they might, they can't get away from that!

A way to do battle with that is to say B.C.E. = Before Christian Era and C.E. = Christian Era.
(05-28-2011, 04:45 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(05-28-2011, 10:04 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(05-28-2011, 08:45 AM)GeorgeT Wrote:I love how they used CE instead of AD. Nice little way to deny Christ His due.

You know what's funny, though -- the whole BCE/CE thing is an attempt to secularize dating, so that non-Christians aren't offended by it, but the pivot point is still the birth of Christ. Try as they might, they can't get away from that!

A way to do battle with that is to say B.C.E. = Before Christian Era and C.E. = Christian Era.

Or "Before Christ's Era" and "Christ's Era"  ;D
(05-28-2011, 12:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: As a race, the Jews bear the mark of deicides. 

As I understand the SSPX statement quoted up-thread.  They would disagree with this statement.  Would you like to claim that they are modernists?