Vatican Says Condom Campaigns Increase AIDS Risk
Vatican Says Condom Campaigns Increase AIDS Risk
Editor: Can the utter and immoral cruelty of the modern world be darker than that of the old, or like a mirror can we look to the past and see things clearly as if for the first time, the things we've always really known? Herod imprisoned St. John the Baptist because the Baptist courageously preached against the King's adultery. The Church preaches against the infidelity, the moral failure of the world, and the result will likely be the same.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...rease.html
I thought the Pope said that condoms were good because they help protect against AIDS  :pazzo: :pazzo: :pazzo:
(05-26-2011, 11:08 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I thought the Pope said that condoms were good because they help protect against AIDS  :pazzo: :pazzo: :pazzo:

I don't think it's funny.  Some people are these parts were even worse than the Marxists who dominate the press corp.
(05-26-2011, 11:08 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I thought the Pope said that condoms were good because they help protect against AIDS  :pazzo: :pazzo: :pazzo:

No thats not what he said at all.  What he said is that in the particular case of a male prostitute using a condom it is at least an indicator of a person who cares enough not to infect other people with his deadly disease where as its certainly not unheard of for those who live in exceeding vice to contract aids and actually make it their life's goal to infect as many as they can.  I don't know what the exact words he used were but something to the affect of that person showing signs of a moral compass.  He then immediately followed that statement by reminding us that the only true combatant to std's was people not treating sex like a cup of coffee. (my words, not his)
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I'm still not sure what the problem is with homosexual condom use.  As opposed to heterosexual fornication with a condom, where we see two affronts to God and nature, we see only one in the former case as there is no contraception being blocked by the condom.

I do see it as potentially misleading and a slippery slope between the two, however, his words didn't seem problematic  to me taken at face value.
An article in a Vatican newspaper does not necessarily represent anything official.  However, in this case, this is the Pope's position as well.  It is viciously condemned by the secular press although it is, in fact, well-founded.