Priest Sex-Abuse Case hits Church Of Pope's Adviser.....
(05-27-2011, 09:01 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: St. Peter Damian wrote a book about this stuff a millenium ago:  The Book of Gomorrah.

It is the mystery of iniquity.  Do not stare at it too long or try too hard to understand it.  Fight it with the truth and with holiiness of life.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."  I think Nietzsche definitely had a bit of truth here - and it applies to this particular discussion.  When we try to understand the sexual aberrations so prevalent in modern society it becomes too easy to compromise morality.  We have to love the sinner but oppose without compromise the evils practiced by these perverts.

At least part of the problem is the psychological issue - the fact we try to understand this evil.  To Hell with that game - which only leads to the corruption of man's mind and morals, and ultimately his soul.  As long as we try to make excuses we are allowing Satan to remain in the game.  It is only once we refuse to listen to his arguments that he will be forced from the field - and back to where he belongs.
(05-27-2011, 06:17 PM)Melita Wrote: Forget the NO... it's this stuff that really makes me question what we're doing here.

(Not really. But it makes me feel so unsure of the Church.)

The Catholic Church always seems to be blamed and put in a negative light.  But how can that be when the Catholic Church is divine and indefectible, founded by Christ Himself.  It is the extraterrestials (nonhumans are they not?)  that inhabit her, administer and manage her that are to be excoriate , and hanged high up from the steeples so ev erybody can have a look at these deviants.
(05-28-2011, 12:44 PM)Vincentius Wrote:
(05-27-2011, 06:17 PM)Melita Wrote: Forget the NO... it's this stuff that really makes me question what we're doing here.

The Catholic Church always seems to be blamed and put in a negative light.  But how can that be when the Catholic Church is divine and indefectible, founded by Christ Himself.  It is the extraterrestials (nonhumans are they not?)  that inhabit her, administer and manage her that are to be excoriate , and hanged high up from the steeples so ev erybody can have a look at these deviants.

But then were do we draw the line? If the Church is the body of Christ, are those people not members of the body? Where and what is the Church then?
(05-28-2011, 02:47 PM)Melita Wrote:

But then were do we draw the line? If the Church is the body of Christ, are those people not members of the body? Where and what is the Church then?

All baptized sinners - now matter how disgusting they may be - belong to the body of Christ. Unfortunately, some of them even hold positions of authority. Certainly, this a great trial but it has been happening from time immemorial. The key to understand it and to "come to terms" with any personal disappointments is to realise that the wheat and the chaff are allowed to grow together until the end of time. This is the will of God and one must accept it. The militant Church is made up of both sinners and saints, elect and reprobate.

The Church herself is holy in her salutary doctrine and sacraments. Because she is the Bride of Christ, many saints have been raised from their ranks for the greater glory of God. When people live up to the faith, the fruits are good.

Focus on the good, not on the bad. Think of the Blessed Mother and Judas: both chosen by God, both belonging to His flock, but both so different from one another and meeting so different an end.
(05-28-2011, 11:43 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote:
(05-28-2011, 01:14 AM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: Dr. Bombay: You're absolutely right its a seminary problem. But for some weird reason I have never really heard of SSPX/FSSP/ICK priests in this kind of mess. Why do you think that is? Well I can only guess that is because you have holy rectors like Bishop Richard Williamson who used to be the rector at St. Thomas Aquinas (SSPX) seminary for years. I have a hard time believing that guy tolerated homosexuality.
You are obviously not familiar with things that happened in this regard in Trad circles. Unfortunately I have to tell you that you are wrong.

No I am not familiar with what happened in this regard in Trad circles. Plese enlighten me. I also challenge you to point out any homosexual pedastry issues in the SSPX/FSSP/ICK. I doubt you could find any.
The "Lavender Mafia" has always been in the Church to some extent, and yeah this stuff happened and was covered up before Vatican II also. This new case is absolutely dreadful (like all the rest) and this quote is most telling: " In tapped phone conversations the two cursed and swore against God." As if the sex abuse insanity was not Satanic enough, this quote may be the first tangible clue of a Satanic cult like mentality to the whole thing. Unless I've missed something we have not had any solid indication of that before. Yeah, I read Windswept House but that's a novel.
What else can we say except that Pope Benedict must simply deal out severe sanctions and micromanage the bishops in any way necessary. Clearly, the episcopacy has failed us. It's too late for "Apostolic Visitations", and the "pastoral" approach.
I was recently reading about St. Augustine and how he governed as a bishop. I was struck by the fact that he made transparent financial accounting to his flock for everything and he was very accessible. Almost anyone could come in and see him. Our bishops are isolated from us and operate in secrecy. That must end if there is ever to be "renewal". Just my two cents.

C.

As if it could not be worse, Rev. Seppia has admitted he is HIV positive. He wants to be transferred from his current jail because the inmates there are
"abusing" him!

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/e...V-positive

C.
(05-28-2011, 06:47 PM)Cetil Wrote: As if it could not be worse, Rev. Seppia has admitted he is HIV positive. He wants to be transferred from his current jail because the inmates there are
"abusing" him!

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/e...V-positive

C.
Truth be told, convicts have a better sense of justice than we do here on the outside........the laws in jail are very clear.
(05-28-2011, 03:03 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

All baptized sinners - now matter how disgusting they may be - belong to the body of Christ. Unfortunately, some of them even hold positions of authority. Certainly, this a great trial but it has been happening from time immemorial. The key to understand it and to "come to terms" with any personal disappointments is to realise that the wheat and the chaff are allowed to grow together until the end of time. This is the will of God and one must accept it. The militant Church is made up of both sinners and saints, elect and reprobate.

The Church herself is holy in her salutary doctrine and sacraments. Because she is the Bride of Christ, many saints have been raised from their ranks for the greater glory of God. When people live up to the faith, the fruits are good.

Focus on the good, not on the bad. Think of the Blessed Mother and Judas: both chosen by God, both belonging to His flock, but both so different from one another and meeting so different an end.

That's a great post, Vetus.
(05-28-2011, 09:10 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(05-28-2011, 03:03 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

That's a great post, Vetus.

I agree, thanks Vetus.