Why do only stupid threads get attention here?
(05-29-2011, 03:58 PM)m.PR Wrote: I don't know about "stupid" threads getting all the attention while the "intelligent" threads are ignored. But I have noticed that sometimes a member will make a well thought-out and well expressed argument only to be dismissed with some idiotic remark and/or touchy-feelyness. Also, threads get derailed easily and there is some lack of charity. That is why The Harbor and the Theologia et Philosophia sub-forums were created.

This sort of stuff is common in forums where there is a variety of people but where there also is a small number of regular posters, so that there is some sense of community.
the op obviously has not taken the time to notice the forum listings. If he wants profound go to the theological forum. Also quit your crying about lack of moderator regulation. Quis and vox respect our intelligence and only intervene when things are out of hand. Which is what makes FE AWSOME! You want control go to china. Also FE never directly solicited money from me ever. You seem to be mistaken or malicious
(05-29-2011, 03:08 PM)verenaerin Wrote:I am not very intellectual. It's not my thing. I have a friend who is highly intelligent, all her children are too. They excel in language, arts, math, science, etc. Personally, I hope that my children are of average intelligence. It seems that the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and the faith. I don't know if it's pride, or just they way they are wired- they have to understand everything? IDK.

How can you say the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and believe it ot be pride?  Based on one "friend"? Raising an above average and very high IQ child is not difficult nor do they have difficulty accepting God and the faith when they come from very solid Catholic home where they were taught well and by example.  This is a sad generalization you make.

(05-29-2011, 07:45 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: the op obviously has not taken the time to notice the forum listings. If he wants profound go to the theological forum. Also quit your crying about lack of moderator regulation. Quis and vox respect our intelligence and only intervene when things are out of hand. Which is what makes FE AWSOME! You want control go to china. Also FE never directly solicited money from me ever. You seem to be mistaken or malicious

My guess is that somewhere in the OP's past there was a thread initiated that didn't receive the desired/a response.  A hurt feeling resulted, which finds its natural outlet in yet another thread.
(05-29-2011, 07:55 PM)BlessedMotherPrayforUs Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 03:08 PM)verenaerin Wrote:I am not very intellectual. It's not my thing. I have a friend who is highly intelligent, all her children are too. They excel in language, arts, math, science, etc. Personally, I hope that my children are of average intelligence. It seems that the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and the faith. I don't know if it's pride, or just they way they are wired- they have to understand everything? IDK.

How can you say the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and believe it ot be pride?  Based on one "friend"? Raising an above average and very high IQ child is not difficult nor do they have difficulty accepting God and the faith when they come from very solid Catholic home where they were taught well and by example.  This is a sad generalization you make.

It may be a generalization but I have 5 and the two intellectuals are a paindarse but I luv em

Have you heard about the ecumenical cannibals who tied the priest to a stake and the rabbi to a porkchop?                                                                     

:groucho:

:rofl:        :laughing:        :crazy:        :laughing:        :rofl:                       

OK, I got it now:

[Image: ee696f31-ba6b-4a1b-bb3d-26214984116a.jpg]
(05-29-2011, 08:28 PM)Spooky Wrote: OK, I got it now:

[Image: ee696f31-ba6b-4a1b-bb3d-26214984116a.jpg]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
you sound like your new to the internetz
Mistman,

There are all sorts of very serious threads on Fisheaters.  If you can't find them then I hope you don't have a driver's license.  If you wish to speak about theology or philosophy, there is even a whole subforum just for more academically informed discussions on those topics, and I've never seen one get derailed.

If you don't like Fisheaters then don't post here.  I guarantee you were welcomed warmly and have decided to forgo all sorts of serious threads during your stay.  Then you come on here whining as if you have some right for things to be totally different to suit you. 

[Image: crying_baby.jpg]
Also:
[Image: 5773564695_4db74756ec_m.jpg]