Why do only stupid threads get attention here?
[Image: Obama+I%27m+with+Stupid.jpg]

(05-29-2011, 08:21 PM)verenaerin Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 07:55 PM)BlessedMotherPrayforUs Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 03:08 PM)verenaerin Wrote:I am not very intellectual. It's not my thing. I have a friend who is highly intelligent, all her children are too. They excel in language, arts, math, science, etc. Personally, I hope that my children are of average intelligence. It seems that the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and the faith. I don't know if it's pride, or just they way they are wired- they have to understand everything? IDK.

How can you say the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and believe it ot be pride?  Based on one "friend"? Raising an above average and very high IQ child is not difficult nor do they have difficulty accepting God and the faith when they come from very solid Catholic home where they were taught well and by example.  This is a sad generalization you make.

My siblings are very, very smart, especially my brother. I don't envy his cross at all. I think he is so used to figuring it all out, that he has a hard time accepting Catholicism, because you can't figure God out. There are things that have to be accepted on faith. I've seen this often. I don't know the reason- as I have stated. I wonder if it is pride or just they way that certain people come to understand things. I was speaking to my experience. If yours is different, that's great. I don't think that all intelligent children reject God or any such nonsense. But in my experience, it seems a little or a lot harder for them.
Being smart is not a cross, if you see it as such then I guess you will treat it as such. Is your brother's cross and disconnect with God more from being from a broken home where your father was absent.  You have said you struggled to accept God as your Father because of how your earthly father abandoned and mistreated your family.  Does the struggle to accept Catholicism and God come from your father not being there for them as  children and showing them a good example of a faithful Catholic Man.  Did the absence of your father cause your siblings to see the faith as your Mother's faith and religions practices only.  Could the cross he bears be the pains of a broken home and termoil suffered as a child?  Could this be the reason your brother has a hard time accepting Catholicism. 
People with very high IQ's can be wonderful faithful Catholics that don't bear their being smart as a cross or struggle to accept God or the faith. 
(05-29-2011, 09:38 PM)verenaerin Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 09:35 PM)BlessedMotherPrayforUs Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 03:08 PM)verenaerin Wrote:I am not very intellectual. It's not my thing. I have a friend who is highly intelligent, all her children are too. They excel in language, arts, math, science, etc. Personally, I hope that my children are of average intelligence. It seems that the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and the faith. I don't know if it's pride, or just they way they are wired- they have to understand everything? IDK.

How can you say the uber smart are difficult to raise and have difficulty accepting God and believe it ot be pride?  Based on one "friend"? Raising an above average and very high IQ child is not difficult nor do they have difficulty accepting God and the faith when they come from very solid Catholic home where they were taught well and by example.  This is a sad generalization you make.

My siblings are very, very smart, especially my brother. I don't envy his cross at all. I think he is so used to figuring it all out, that he has a hard time accepting Catholicism, because you can't figure God out. There are things that have to be accepted on faith. I've seen this often. I don't know the reason- as I have stated. I wonder if it is pride or just they way that certain people come to understand things. I was speaking to my experience. If yours is different, that's great. I don't think that all intelligent children reject God or any such nonsense. But in my experience, it seems a little or a lot harder for them.
Being smart is not a cross, if you see it as such then I guess you will treat it as such. Is your brother's cross and disconnect with God more from being from a broken home where your father was absent.  You have said you struggled to accept God as your Father because of how your earthly father abandoned and mistreated your family.  Does the struggle to accept Catholicism and God come from your father not being there for them as  children and showing them a good example of a faithful Catholic Man.   Did the absence of your father cause your siblings to see the faith as your Mother's faith and religions practices only.  Could the cross he bears be the pains of a broken home and termoil suffered as a child?  Could this be the reason your brother has a hard time accepting Catholicism. 
People with very high IQ's can be wonderful faithful Catholics that don't bear their being smart as a cross or struggle to accept God or the faith. 

I'm glad your experience is different.

Our Lord and most of the Saints agree with you. Being smart according to the world's idea of smart is a cross for a faithful Catholic.

God can be known by reason alone! Bp. Williamson
(05-29-2011, 09:38 PM)verenaerin Wrote:

Being smart is not a cross, if you see it as such then I guess you will treat it as such. Is your brother's cross and disconnect with God more from being from a broken home where your father was absent.  You have said you struggled to accept God as your Father because of how your earthly father abandoned and mistreated your family.  Does the struggle to accept Catholicism and God come from your father not being there for them as  children and showing them a good example of a faithful Catholic Man.   Did the absence of your father cause your siblings to see the faith as your Mother's faith and religions practices only.  Could the cross he bears be the pains of a broken home and termoil suffered as a child?  Could this be the reason your brother has a hard time accepting Catholicism. 

I'm glad your experience is different.

Maybe one day your siblings will see being smart is not a cross as you have stated and heal from the root of what makes them question God and the faith.    

Being smart is not a cross, if you see it as such then I guess you will treat it as such. Is your brother's cross and disconnect with God more from being from a broken home where your father was absent.  You have said you struggled to accept God as your Father because of how your earthly father abandoned and mistreated your family.  Does the struggle to accept Catholicism and God come from your father not being there for them as  children and showing them a good example of a faithful Catholic Man.   Did the absence of your father cause your siblings to see the faith as your Mother's faith and religions practices only.  Could the cross he bears be the pains of a broken home and termoil suffered as a child?  Could this be the reason your brother has a hard time accepting Catholicism. 

Hi all: I'm a pretty smart guy but it doesn't impact my religious experiences
Catholics who think/know/feel that they are smarter than others come to a big theological dilemma (among many) when it comes to dying for someone else. (The ultimate sacrifice as it were)
Well the dilemma they face is: "If I know that I will go to heaven because I can give my life for someone. Having that knowledge, Will I go to heaven? Because I am giving my life based of the "knowledge" that I will go to heaven. And not because I want to sacrifice my life for another human being.
It's a vicious circle of a theological paradox.
not really...only stupid people think that...
check out how stuoid this thread is....tons of replies and view...the OP can congratulate himself.