Awesome stuff from Rome: The council, the liturgy and the reform
++Koch was as bad as Kasper in Switzerland.  He persecuted conservative seminarians and basically ran his local church into the ground.  If there's a change in him, it's just as hard to ascertain as the change tht has overcome Cardinal Kasper.
(05-31-2011, 01:56 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: ++Koch was as bad as Kasper in Switzerland.  He persecuted conservative seminarians and basically ran his local church into the ground.  If there's a change in him, it's just as hard to ascertain as the change tht has overcome Cardinal Kasper.

Now the interesting thing about that is that I heard the same thing my self. Yet when I started doing research on Card. Koch, and frankly the reason I thought he would be quite and improvement, was that the first thing I read on him was a pastoral letter that he had sent to all the clergy in his diocese back in 2007 actually defending Tradition and advocating the return to ad orientam posture during Mass. Which for a European prelate is rather unheard of.
(05-31-2011, 02:00 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 01:56 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: ++Koch was as bad as Kasper in Switzerland.  He persecuted conservative seminarians and basically ran his local church into the ground.  If there's a change in him, it's just as hard to ascertain as the change tht has overcome Cardinal Kasper.

Now the interesting thing about that is that I heard the same thing my self. Yet when I started doing research on Card. Koch, and frankly the reason I thought he would be quite and improvement, was that the first thing I read on him was a pastoral letter that he had sent to all the clergy in his diocese back in 2007 actually defending Tradition and advocating the return to ad orientam posture during Mass. Which for a European prelate is rather unheard of.

These reform of the reform types are always a mixed bag, but wht he said was encouraging.
(05-31-2011, 02:06 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 02:00 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:

These reform of the reform types are always a mixed bag, but wht he said was encouraging.

I agree on that, however to quote Father Z brick by brick. The Liturgy I have always believed is the key to a good orthodox understanding of the Faith.
(05-31-2011, 01:54 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 01:43 AM)mikemac Wrote: What is Cardinal Kasper 2.0 saying these days?  I think he has a lot to overcome after writing that the Jews may have justification without recognizing Jesus Christ.

Well I don't have the details right in front of me but the short of it is that after being pulled from his position, this being right before Pope Benedict visited England he started to make strange comments about the Anglicans and how they accepting female and homosexual clergy was an act of apostasy (not using those words exactly) either way he came very hard on them even though he (Card Kasper) had been known to be a supporter of female clergy if anything he did not see it as obstacle at this was in public. Ever since getting back to Rome he has been defending the Holy Father;s moves towards a more Traditional liturgy and other aspects of our Catholicity that in the past Card. Kasper publicly again was critical of.

My personal impression is that Card. Kasper is just one of those that will go with the tide, he saw the tide change so he changed him self.

Maybe his earthly life is about to draw to a close and God is giving him the grace to make amends for his errors.
(05-31-2011, 09:27 AM)Melkite Wrote: Maybe his earthly life is about to draw to a close and God is giving him the grace to make amends for his errors.

As one can only hope.