My Imitation of Christ: Bearing the Defects of Others
If I wanted to get an affordable copy, could anyone point me in the right direction?
I try to keep that particular chapter in mind, in dealing with others' defects.
(05-31-2011, 08:40 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: It is an excellent book. I though it was just called "Imitation of Christ" without the "my"

It has been published under a few different titles. The book from which I quoted was published under the title "My Imitation of Christ".
(05-31-2011, 09:26 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: If I wanted to get an affordable copy, could anyone point me in the right direction?

The Confraternity of the Precious Blood prints them for about $5-6 dollars per book (plus shipping), I believe.  I bought mine at a used book store for $2.5 dollars.
(05-31-2011, 09:30 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: I try to keep that particular chapter in mind, in dealing with others' defects.

Yes, myself included, and I think it is particularly useful when attempting to navigate the various different personalities, opinions, peculiarities, and quirks of the posters on this forum.
I'd do well to bear it in mind more often.  I rarely do.
(05-31-2011, 09:39 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: I'd do well to bear it in mind more often.  I rarely do.

Unfortunately, I can't say I am devoid of these tendencies either. This chapter is encouraging, though, because it puts it into perspective. We should judge ourselves more harshly than we judge others, if we are to judge them at all.
I posted this a while back: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...689.0.html

It is an important lesson to follow even one just incrementally improves oneself.
(05-31-2011, 09:47 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I posted this a while back: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...689.0.html

It is an important lesson to follow even one just incrementally improves oneself.

:-[

But I suppose it never hurts to be reminded every now and then.  :)
(05-31-2011, 08:18 PM)JayneK Wrote: I can understand how this advice is right in cases in which the behaviour of another irritates or harms only  me, but what about the case when we witness one who harms others.  Is there not some obligation to interfere?

I would think that both charity and justice would require one to do so.