Going to hell for rejecting vocation?
Another thing I did today was expose myself to literature from heretics and schismatics (protestants and orthodox) regarding critiquing clerical celibacy. I know this is kinda weird but I thought about learning Ukranian or Lebanese so I can move over there and be a married priest. This is even worse but I have even thought about becoming greek orthodox, but thankfully I got rid of those thoughts asap. I will confess that.
(05-31-2011, 08:29 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: Well another thing that I did today was read quotes from latin fathers like St. Augustine, St. Ambrose, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Jerome, etc. Reading them it does seem like marriage is a sort of consolation prize.

In fact some of those saints said the only good they see in marriage is that it has the potential to produce more virgins.

Interesting.

You are not judged by what vocation you chose.  You are judged by how you fulfill it.  Do not worry about going to hell simply because you got married or became a priest.  These things in and of themselves do not amount to Heaven or Hell.  
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(05-31-2011, 08:37 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 08:29 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: Well another thing that I did today was read quotes from latin fathers like St. Augustine, St. Ambrose, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Jerome, etc. Reading them it does seem like marriage is a sort of consolation prize.

In fact some of those saints said the only good they see in marriage is that it has the potential to produce more virgins.

Interesting.

You are not judged by what vocation you chose.  You are judged by how you fulfill it.  Do not worry about going to hell simply because you got married or became a priest.  These things in and of themselves do not amount to Heaven or Hell.  

St. Augustine had a bit of a warped view of sex. He spent so many years being a man-whore that when he converted he went from one extreme end of the spectrum to another.
(05-31-2011, 08:39 PM)Aragon Wrote:

Interesting.

St. Augustine had a bit of a warped view of sex. He spent so many years being a man-whore that when he converted he went from one extreme end of the spectrum to another.

That makes sense.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(05-31-2011, 08:39 PM)Aragon Wrote:

Interesting.

Are we allowed to believe that as catholics? Because I came to the same conclusion as yourself but I feel guilty about it because St. Augustine was proably top 3 one of the most influential saints. If i start to criticize his views on sex (As the orthodox do) it starts down a slippery slope to doubting all his other views.
(05-31-2011, 08:33 PM)Aragon Wrote: Saving your soul, being a witness to Catholicism and raising Catholic children also helps advance the Church. What do you think you'll be doing as a priest anyway? Vatican ninja?\

[Image: VN1.jpg]

well I think I could give pretty powerfull sermons denouncing modernism, liberalism, materialism, etc. like I have heard Bishop Richard Williamson deliver on youtube. I would try to emulate his preaching style. I like how he is not afraid to talk about controversial topics in his sermons like 9/11, NWO, freemasons, etc. I also admire this priest named Fr. Charles Coughlin who had a radio show and spoke about the Federal Reserve and the New Deal. Both Fr. Charles Coughlin and Bishop Richard Williamson had/have serious balls and were/are not afraid to roll up their sleeves in the pulpit.

Another priest who I would emulate in the pulpit is Fr. John O'connor who wasn't afraid to name names. He had some serious balls as well.

Finally, I guess the #1 priest who I would emulate is Fr. Malchi Martin who was brilliant and able to articulate the faith with an assuring confidence. If I ever got ordained I would just talk about some of the stuff he talks about in the art bell videos. Without that, I probably would be greek orthodox by now. Fr. Martin was able to articulate why the faith is being attacked and precisely by whom.

Pretty much if I became ordained I would talk about sin, hell, Fatima, mention some saints here and there, and also keep it real regarding culture wars/freemasonry/NWO/conciliarism
(05-31-2011, 09:04 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 08:33 PM)Aragon Wrote: Saving your soul, being a witness to Catholicism and raising Catholic children also helps advance the Church. What do you think you'll be doing as a priest anyway? Vatican ninja?\

[Image: VN1.jpg]

well I think I could give pretty powerfull sermons denouncing modernism, liberalism, materialism, etc. like I have heard Bishop Richard Williamson deliver on youtube. I would try to emulate his preaching style. I like how he is not afraid to talk about controversial topics in his sermons like 9/11, NWO, freemasons, etc.

In my opinion that's terrible preaching. I've listened to Bp. Williamson preach and read some of his articles. None of them made me want to be a better person or improve my prayer life.

Just my 2 cents.
(05-31-2011, 10:35 PM)verenaerin Wrote:It is very possible that having a date with a nice young girl, who made you happy, opened a can of worms that you haven't had to deal with before. Or have dealt with badly in the past. Depression and doubts do not come from God. It sounds like you are very scared. It is possible that you are sabotaging even the possibility of happiness with another. I am so happy that you are seeing a priest. This doesn't mean that you need to break up with her to fix everything. But you need to work on getting your head right. You need direction and boundaries in learning your faith from someone trained to do so. With this training you will be able to toss out crazy ideas that may tempt you, and recognize the real situation at hand. You will learn how much God loves you and wants you. You will learn that you have every reason to be happy.

Thanks for that verenarein. I agree crazy ideas do come into me head every day, like just become an atheist. Sometimes I have this temptation to be an atheist because I think I am going to be damned and Im always reminded of St. Leonard of Port Maurice who says that catholics who are too committed to the world should become like pagans and have a ritual to get rid of their baptism, that way their punishment in hell will be less severe.

Also the sayings of St. John Vianney pop into my head all time, particuarly about being lukewarm. Like when he says "live for God or live for the world, but if you try to do both you will never be happy." Maybe the depression Im feeling is because Im trying to have my cake and eat it too? Be a devout catholic and go to heaven but not taking the leap of faith to enter the seminary? Tough questions I know. Again thank you, hoepfully I will have this issue resolved soon.
(05-31-2011, 11:06 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 10:35 PM)verenaerin Wrote:It is very possible that having a date with a nice young girl, who made you happy, opened a can of worms that you haven't had to deal with before. Or have dealt with badly in the past. Depression and doubts do not come from God. It sounds like you are very scared. It is possible that you are sabotaging even the possibility of happiness with another. I am so happy that you are seeing a priest. This doesn't mean that you need to break up with her to fix everything. But you need to work on getting your head right. You need direction and boundaries in learning your faith from someone trained to do so. With this training you will be able to toss out crazy ideas that may tempt you, and recognize the real situation at hand. You will learn how much God loves you and wants you. You will learn that you have every reason to be happy.

Thanks for that verenarein. I agree crazy ideas do come into me head every day, like just become an atheist. Sometimes I have this temptation to be an atheist because I think I am going to be damned and Im always reminded of St. Leonard of Port Maurice who says that catholics who are too committed to the world should become like pagans and have a ritual to get rid of their baptism, that way their punishment in hell will be less severe.

Also the sayings of St. John Vianney pop into my head all time, particuarly about being lukewarm. Like when he says "live for God or live for the world, but if you try to do both you will never be happy." Maybe the depression Im feeling is because Im trying to have my cake and eat it too? Be a devout catholic and go to heaven but not taking the leap of faith to enter the seminary? Tough questions I know. Again thank you, hoepfully I will have this issue resolved soon.

Unfortunately, today's seminaries are cesspools.  Just read the daily newspaper.  Better stay home and become a catholic recluse, like St. Rose of Lima.
You can be a lay catholic apostle missionary to the Jews.  The time has come for the fulfillment of St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans, Chapters IX-X11.