Alcoholic Drinks that won't screw up a diet
Not meaning light beer (icky).

Gin & Tonic is 170ish calories.  Straight gin is only a little over 60 calories per ounce.  And delicious.
(06-01-2011, 11:30 PM)tmw89 Wrote: Gin & Tonic is 170ish calories.  Straight gin is only a little over 60 calories per ounce.  And delicious.

thanks! I've never tried one....had a vodka tonic once when the bartender screwed up and didn't like it so anything "tonic" kinda scares me...haha..but I might try it
The Gin & Tonic is just about the only drink (besides Rum & Coke) that any bartender can't screw up (although how anyone could screw up a vodka tonic is... nearly incomprehensible to me, but I guess stranger things have happened).  For reference, Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray are pretty reliable gins.
(06-01-2011, 11:51 PM)tmw89 Wrote: The Gin & Tonic is just about the only drink (besides Rum & Coke) that any bartender can't screw up (although how anyone could screw up a vodka tonic is... nearly incomprehensible to me, but I guess stranger things have happened).  For reference, Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray are pretty reliable gins.

Well, the think is that I didn't order a vodka tonic!  :laughing:
(06-01-2011, 11:54 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 11:51 PM)tmw89 Wrote: The Gin & Tonic is just about the only drink (besides Rum & Coke) that any bartender can't screw up (although how anyone could screw up a vodka tonic is... nearly incomprehensible to me, but I guess stranger things have happened).  For reference, Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray are pretty reliable gins.

Well, the think is that I didn't order a vodka tonic!  :laughing:

Oooh - I think I misread something...  probably due to too much familiarity with the topic at hand...
(sip)
Jack Daniels - black and on the rocks.  ;D
Scotch (well) & soda. Period.
Cranberry and Vodka if you are on a low-cal diet!  Jack and diet if you are on a low carb diet!  :cheers:
dry wine