Alcoholic Drinks that won't screw up a diet
(06-02-2011, 05:31 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: But imma girl!I don't think I could sip straight whisky....and shots are no good for "getting your moderation on" as my fiance likes to put it!  :laughing:

You obviously haven't tried a good Irish as Tim has recommended. Give it a shot! (pun intended) :laughing:
(06-02-2011, 06:08 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 05:31 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: But imma girl!I don't think I could sip straight whisky....and shots are no good for "getting your moderation on" as my fiance likes to put it!  :laughing:

You obviously haven't tried a good Irish as Tim has recommended. Give it a shot! (pun intended) :laughing:

:laughing:

This might be a stupid question....but is Jameson a good irish? Lol its the only Irish I've already tried....and I def can't sip that
(06-02-2011, 06:10 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 06:08 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

:laughing:

This might be a stupid question....but is Jameson a good irish? Lol its the only Irish I've already tried....and I def can't sip that

My husband enjoys a good Irish but doesn't like Jameson. He swears by Bushmills. 

I can't do straight liquor either, I'm definitely a beer girl.
(06-02-2011, 07:08 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: My husband enjoys a good Irish but doesn't like Jameson. He swears by Bushmills. 

I swear about Bushmills.  Protty swill.
My dear young lady it's in the sip sip sip, don't throw it back as if you were a washer woman, aspire to act like a young lady Betie Wooster would like to accompany him. But seriously, if you sip it lasts, and the two whiskeys I mentioned are very smooth unlike Jameson. And WRC is right Bushmills is a prot whiskey but alas it's smoother than the Irish Catholic Jameson. Tulmore Dew is smooth as well. It looks more ladylike too, if they put in a snifter.

tim
(06-02-2011, 07:35 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 07:08 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: My husband enjoys a good Irish but doesn't like Jameson. He swears by Bushmills. 

lol...I had no idea.  I will tease Mr. Scribe about it next time  :laughing:
(06-02-2011, 08:27 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:

Bushmill's will send you straight to hell! WRC, I was in Harlings one day and remarked that they didn't carry Bushmill's. The response was, 'We don't sell protestant whiskey'!
(06-03-2011, 02:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 08:27 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:

Bushmill's will send you straight to hell! WRC, I was in Harlings one day and remarked that they didn't carry Bushmill's. The response was, 'We don't sell protestant whiskey'!

That's great.  It may explain why they don't have much of a scotch selection either.
:laughing: No I won't throw it back, but that's the only way I could drink straight Jameson, didn't know the whisky's got smoother. Shall have to try some! And PS I'm pretty sure that whiskey can't have a religion.....
Maybe that explains why all scotch whiskey tastes terrible to me  :P

Some alcohol definitely has a religion...Trappists brew the most divine beers. And I've always been curious to try the Carthusians' Chartreuse liqueur.