Alcoholic Drinks that won't screw up a diet
Yeah and you tell Frangelico here that he doesn't have a religion.  Complete with cincture and all.

[Image: frangelico_sm.jpg]

Note: Frangelico will screw up a diet, but in a delicious way.
(06-03-2011, 02:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 08:27 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 07:35 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 07:08 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: My husband enjoys a good Irish but doesn't like Jameson. He swears by Bushmills. 

I swear about Bushmills.  Protty swill.

lol...I had no idea.  I will tease Mr. Scribe about it next time  :laughing:

Bushmill's will send you straight to hell! WRC, I was in Harlings one day and remarked that they didn't carry Bushmill's. The response was, 'We don't sell protestant whiskey'!
Alas they are owned by the same company now.
(06-03-2011, 04:29 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: Maybe that explains why all scotch whiskey tastes terrible to me  :P

Some alcohol definitely has a religion...Trappists brew the most divine beers. And I've always been curious to try the Carthusians' Chartreuse liqueur.
From one of my favorite authors, Saki:
"People may say what they like about the decay of Christianity, but the civilization that produced green Chartreuse can never die!"
(06-03-2011, 07:28 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 07:08 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: My husband enjoys a good Irish but doesn't like Jameson. He swears by Bushmills. 

Bushmill's will send you straight to hell! WRC, I was in Harlings one day and remarked that they didn't carry Bushmill's. The response was, 'We don't sell protestant whiskey'!

I think it has something to do with some layoffs that Bushmills had a few decades back. Stuff tastes like garbage anyways, I'd rather a Jameson 12yo any day.

FWIW as far as diets &c. go I say get either Laphroaig 10yo, Tallasker 10yo, Jameson 12yo or if your skint get Chivas Regal 12yo. Don't eat - then you can drink a lot more calories. Plus drink on the treadmill or while pushbiking to work, during work, and while pushbiking home...

LOL

instead of

sip sip

more like

skull skull hehehe *hic*.
(06-04-2011, 02:21 AM)Arun Wrote:
(06-03-2011, 07:28 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:

I think it has something to do with some layoffs that Bushmills had a few decades back. Stuff tastes like garbage anyways, I'd rather a Jameson 12yo any day.

FWIW as far as diets &c. go I say get either Laphroaig 10yo, Tallasker 10yo, Jameson 12yo or if your skint get Chivas Regal 12yo. Don't eat - then you can drink a lot more calories. Plus drink on the treadmill or while pushbiking to work, during work, and while pushbiking home...

LOL

instead of

sip sip

more like

skull skull hehehe *hic*.
:laughing:
(06-03-2011, 07:28 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Alas they are owned by the same company now.

Bushmills is owned by Diageo, an English(=protestant) company, Jameson is owned by Pernod Ricard a French(??=Catholic) company.
If you're talking diets, ALL alcohol screeches your metabolism to a hault, stopping the extra calorie burn.  Plus, any drink besides water is just extra calories going in you will have to burn.
(06-03-2011, 06:31 PM)Pheo Wrote: Yeah and you tell Frangelico here that he doesn't have a religion.  Complete with cincture and all.

[Image: frangelico_sm.jpg]

Note: Frangelico will screw up a diet, but in a delicious way.

As long as tasty religious booze that will screw up your diet is being discussed...

[Image: 30172.gif]
(06-04-2011, 03:08 PM)Protrident Wrote: If you're talking diets, ALL alcohol screeches your metabolism to a hault, stopping the extra calorie burn.  Plus, any drink besides water is just extra calories going in you will have to burn.

Well, right....not trying to have a perfect diet here....just wanting the least of all calorie evils  :laughing:
hehe, the "alcohol stopping your metabolism" was new to me back when i was drinking.  :-)

My drink was a  Crown Manhattan on the rocks...  tall glass, ice, crown, splash of sweet vermouth and a cherry.  No room for non alcoholic drinks in this cup!  haha