FE labels for Catholics and "Non Catholics" err Protestants.
(06-06-2011, 07:23 AM)username123 Wrote: I'm a Roman Catholic. ie: I believe what the Church has always believed and worship the way the Church has always worshipped.

You're either Catholic or something else.

:amen:
OK, now I am greatly confused... I just got done posting on another post about "Neo-catholic" in which it sounded like anyone who accepts or attends the TLM with VII changes is a "Neo-Catholic".  -  That would be me because I attend the FSSP church.

But here I am reading that anyone who attend the FSSP TLM and yearns for the church to return to its PreVII state, but in the meantime remains under the Church's hierarchy is a Traditional Catholic, not a Neo-Catholic.  - That would be me too.

So am I "Neo-Catholic" or "Traditional Catholic" ... We attend the TLM at and FSSP church (if on vacation we will attend NO with head veiled, Eucharist on tongue, kneeling), we follow the traditional calendar, traditional feast days, traditional days of fasting/abstinence, etc.  We would love to see the Church allow the TLM to be returned to its state PreVII but until then, we remain obedient to the Pope... SO WHAT AM I????????
(06-06-2011, 02:38 PM)piabee Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 02:08 PM)Melita Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 01:49 PM)piabee Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 07:47 AM)Melita Wrote: Ultra-Trad for a sede sounds wrong. They are not even proper Catholics.

That's your opinion.

Anybody who rejects the legitimate pope is not Catholic.

From Fisheaters:

Quote:Traditional Catholics fall into three main categories:

The third group consisists of "sedevacantist" Catholics

Hardly definitive - I disagree with that assessment.
(06-06-2011, 03:03 PM)Gakmo Wrote: OK, now I am greatly confused... I just got done posting on another post about "Neo-catholic" in which it sounded like anyone who accepts or attends the TLM with VII changes is a "Neo-Catholic".  -  That would be me because I attend the FSSP church.

But here I am reading that anyone who attend the FSSP TLM and yearns for the church to return to its PreVII state, but in the meantime remains under the Church's hierarchy is a Traditional Catholic, not a Neo-Catholic.  - That would be me too.

So am I "Neo-Catholic" or "Traditional Catholic" ... We attend the TLM at and FSSP church (if on vacation we will attend NO with head veiled, Eucharist on tongue, kneeling), we follow the traditional calendar, traditional feast days, traditional days of fasting/abstinence, etc.  We would love to see the Church allow the TLM to be returned to its state PreVII but until then, we remain obedient to the Pope... SO WHAT AM I????????

I think the basic consensus so far is that pigeon-holing yourself isn't helpful. You are Catholic, and that should be enough.
(06-06-2011, 03:03 PM)Gakmo Wrote: SO WHAT AM I????????

Like Melita just above:

"There is no need of adding any qualifying terms to the profession of Catholicism: it is quite enough for each one to proclaim "Christian is my name and Catholic my surname," only let him endeavour to be in reality what he calls himself."--Pope Benedict XV, (AD BEATISSIMI APOSTOLORUM 24).

As to trying to figure out which invented sub-category someone else would categorize you as:

First off don't worry about it since these are just "profane novelties of words," and second, it's impossible anyway because, despite the best efforts of some folks in other threads to establish strict and fixed definitions for universal usage (at least on FE), the definitions as used in practice are like shifting sands.
(06-06-2011, 03:03 PM)Gakmo Wrote: So am I "Neo-Catholic" or "Traditional Catholic" ... We attend the TLM at and FSSP church (if on vacation we will attend NO with head veiled, Eucharist on tongue, kneeling), we follow the traditional calendar, traditional feast days, traditional days of fasting/abstinence, etc.  We would love to see the Church allow the TLM to be returned to its state PreVII but until then, we remain obedient to the Pope... SO WHAT AM I????????

You certainly fit within the FE definition of a traditional Catholic.  So you have every right to post here and call yourself a trad.
Melita Wrote:Anybody who rejects the legitimate pope is not Catholic.

We're not allowed to discuss legitimacy, but it should remembered that:

"Neither is someone a schismatic for denying his subjection to the Pontiff on the grounds that he has solidly founded [‘probabiliter’] doubts concerning the legitimacy of his election or his power [refers to Sanchez and Palao].” (Cardinal de Lugo, Disp., De Virt. Fid. Div., disp. xxv, sec. iii, nn. 35-8).
(06-06-2011, 03:03 PM)Melita Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 07:47 AM)Melita Wrote: Ultra-Trad for a sede sounds wrong. They are not even proper Catholics.

That's your opinion.

From Fisheaters:

I agree with Melita's disagreement.
(06-06-2011, 04:12 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 03:03 PM)Melita Wrote:

That's your opinion.

From Fisheaters:

I agree with Melita's disagreement.

Ok, but have some respect for the way the site owners wish all Catholics to be treated.
(06-06-2011, 04:10 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
Melita Wrote:Anybody who rejects the legitimate pope is not Catholic.

We're not allowed to discuss legitimacy, but it should remembered that:

"Neither is someone a schismatic for denying his subjection to the Pontiff on the grounds that he has solidly founded [‘probabiliter’] doubts concerning the legitimacy of his election or his power [refers to Sanchez and Palao].” (Cardinal de Lugo, Disp., De Virt. Fid. Div., disp. xxv, sec. iii, nn. 35-8).

This.