Why Are neo-Catholics so Evil?
Because they want to impose imagined and arbitrary moral categories on Catholics, and cherry pick the things they believe in based on whether or not they seem weird in the context of the society to which they belong, irrespective of whether or not that society is sick itself. 

Indeed.
(06-06-2011, 09:11 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Because they want to impose imagined and arbitrary moral categories on Catholics, and cherry pick the things they believe in based on whether or not they seem weird in the context of the society to which they belong, irrespective of whether or not that society is sick itself. 

Simply put, they are liberals. Marinated in liberalism which is evil.
I tend to agree withGerard but would add they have come to believe in the absence of Tradition the Neo-con Republican position is synonomous with Catholicism. The two feed off each other. It's very similar to the Democrats in th 1940's 50' and 60's. George Weigel springs quickly to mind.

tim
(06-06-2011, 09:27 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 09:11 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Because they want to impose imagined and arbitrary moral categories on Catholics, and cherry pick the things they believe in based on whether or not they seem weird in the context of the society to which they belong, irrespective of whether or not that society is sick itself. 

Absolutely.
(06-06-2011, 10:05 AM)timoose Wrote: I tend to agree withGerard but would add they have come to believe in the absence of Tradition the Neo-con Republican position is synonomous with Catholicism. The two feed off each other. It's very similar to the Democrats in th 1940's 50' and 60's. George Weigel springs quickly to mind.

tim

Absolutely, but I was exaggerating for a reason.  All of these amateur psychologists with a hidden political agenda should be put in their place.

You lost me there. I thought neo-Catholics and Liberal Catholics were two different things. Like, Michael Voris is a neo-catholic but hardly a liberal. or do you think Voris is a crypto-trad?
(06-06-2011, 12:13 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:

You lost me there. I thought neo-Catholics and Liberal Catholics were two different things. Like, Michael Voris is a neo-catholic but hardly a liberal. or do you think Voris is a crypto-trad?

Is he a Liberal marinated in evil Liberalism?
(06-06-2011, 12:15 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 12:13 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:

Is he a Liberal marinated in evil Liberalism?

I don't think Michael Voris is as liberal as  Augstine Baker makes him sound.
At any rate, I don't think that neo-Catholics are evil, just misguided. Essentially, the NO was accepted because of neo-Catholicism - priests thought it essential to obey Rome at all costs.