Why Are neo-Catholics so Evil?
(06-06-2011, 02:03 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: I thought the term neo-Catholic referred to those who believe in the more liberal system of new practices and attitudes that came out of the so called spirit of Vatican II.

No, they are Catholics who glow bright colours.
(06-06-2011, 02:12 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 02:03 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: I thought the term neo-Catholic referred to those who believe in the more liberal system of new practices and attitudes that came out of the so called spirit of Vatican II.

No, they are Catholics who glow bright colours.

:laughing:
I'm sorry but this classifying and generalizing of Catholics is really getting on my nerves. I really think we should discuss behavior of individuals as apposed to alienating those who may simply be under the influence of bad leadership. Instead of categorizing fellow Catholics into a million different sects, which will inevitably lead to a million different churches we should work to correct the bad things that may be happening in the church by being charitable. You are never going to persuade a Catholic to become traditional by giving them names and calling them evil.

edit  ~ We need to work on the Church becoming united again, not separating it further.
So, I guess this means that I am a neo-Catholic.  Our family would love for things to be like they were pre VII and certainly do not like the consequences of the interpretation of most of VII but we feel that we must follow the Church and have faith in her guidance, so we attend the FSSP church.  Don't get me wrong, we would LOVE to see the Church consider the SSPX to be in full communion, but until then, we remain under the Church's hierarchy.  We are fairly new to traditional Catholicism (I am a convert and my husband is cradle Catholic, having never even heard of traditionalism at any of its levels) so I am still trying to figure out all the terms that are given to various people, groups, etc.  This term "neo-Catholic" has been one that has confused me - especially in regards to whether it applies to us and our church or to other more liberal Catholics.
(06-06-2011, 02:48 PM)Gakmo Wrote: So, I guess this means that I am a neo-Catholic.  Our family would love for things to be like they were pre VII and certainly do not like the consequences of the interpretation of most of VII but we feel that we must follow the Church and have faith in her guidance, so we attend the FSSP church.  Don't get me wrong, we would LOVE to see the Church consider the SSPX to be in full communion, but until then, we remain under the Church's hierarchy.  We are fairly new to traditional Catholicism (I am a convert and my husband is cradle Catholic, having never even heard of traditionalism at any of its levels) so I am still trying to figure out all the terms that are given to various people, groups, etc.  This term "neo-Catholic" has been one that has confused me - especially in regards to whether it applies to us and our church or to other more liberal Catholics.

I always thought of some one like, what you describe, as a conservative Catholic. These terms need to be more better defined. I vote for Rosarium to be the official Fish-Eaters definer of terms. :)
(06-06-2011, 12:52 PM)Rosarium Wrote: This is disgusting.

This

Some in this thread seem to want to refer to Neo-Catholics as Republican supporters.  From other threads in this forum I imagine lots in here would relate Trad Catholics as Libertarians.  Well I hate to burst your bubble but neither the Republican Party or the Libertarian Party are Catholic, and the Democratic Party isn't either.  Don't jeopardize your Catholic Faith with your political party affiliation.   
I would say Catholic Answers forum is where you can find "neo-Catholicism" exemplified.

A naive young Catholic, accustomed to this society would believe that Catholic Answers forum is really Catholic.

A neo-Cath is like a neo-Con in that he is a kind of obscurantist, consciously or unconsciously.  He doesn't really have the Catholic Faith but wishes to maintain the illusion of being Catholic.  Just as a neo-con really has no use authentic belief in conservative traditions but rather sees them as a kind of social adhesive, the neo-Cath does not really stand firm on any matter of faith - no, not even abortion.  Of course most Catholics at a sight like Catholic answers, perhaps even the mods, are not really aware the extent to which they are hypocrites.
If a person believes they're just following the Catholic Faith as a "conservative Catholic" I wouldn't call that a person a "neo-Cath."

The people who write First Things are neo-Caths - not the readership generally.  There's not much to be gained in being a follower if you are really a modernist.  If you want to lead people who have faith while you do not - then there is an advantage in such a position.

I would not call Benedict XVI a "neo-Cath."  He is a liberal, just not an overt liberal.

(06-06-2011, 02:36 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: I'm sorry but this classifying and generalizing of Catholics is really getting on my nerves. I really think we should discuss behavior of individuals as apposed to alienating those who may simply be under the influence of bad leadership. Instead of categorizing fellow Catholics into a million different sects, which will inevitably lead to a million different churches we should work to correct the bad things that may be happening in the church by being charitable. You are never going to persuade a Catholic to become traditional by giving them names and calling them evil.

edit  ~ We need to work on the Church becoming united again, not separating it further.

Damn those Classifier and Generalizer Catholics!  What are we going to do about them? 
(06-06-2011, 05:21 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 02:36 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: I'm sorry but this classifying and generalizing of Catholics is really getting on my nerves. I really think we should discuss behavior of individuals as apposed to alienating those who may simply be under the influence of bad leadership. Instead of categorizing fellow Catholics into a million different sects, which will inevitably lead to a million different churches we should work to correct the bad things that may be happening in the church by being charitable. You are never going to persuade a Catholic to become traditional by giving them names and calling them evil.

Damn those Classifier and Generalizer Catholics!  What are we going to do about them? 

ha. funny.