Candle drama
I've just been sent an angry email by a "friend" about a painting of mine. Long story short - he says that, amongst other things, the use of six candlesticks ("and a crucifix") on the altar during mass is an abuse, and I'm "perpetuating" that by depicting it. The picture was intended to be hung (with others) at an exhibition in our local parish community centre. What is his problem? Or is it my problem  ???
It's his problem.

Don't befriend heretics. It's not worth it.
(06-07-2011, 01:08 PM)Melita Wrote: I've just been sent an angry email by a "friend" about a painting of mine. Long story short - he says that, amongst other things, the use of six candlesticks ("and a crucifix") on the altar during mass is an abuse, and I'm "perpetuating" that by depicting it. The picture was intended to be hung (with others) at an exhibition in our local parish community centre. What is his problem? Or is it my problem  ???

Glad you put "friend" in quotes.

His problem is that he is in idiot.  Could he cite the law forbidding the six candlesticks and crucifix?  And could he explain why the Pope does it, even though the pope publically celebrates the NO?

(In the TLM I expect you'd *always* see it.)
Well we have not known each other that long, but I thought we were becoming friends. His email didn't explain at all, which is why I'm totally stumped as to why he would even think that. And yes, as far as I know those candles are meant to be there. 
His problem is that he is an idiot to criticise an accurate depiction that you've made.
Send him this photo:
[Image: pxii12.jpg]
(pointing out, of course, that the pope gets a 7th candle)
(06-07-2011, 01:24 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Send him this photo:
[Image: pxii12.jpg]
(pointing out, of course, that the pope gets a 7th candle)

Seven candles are to be lit at any pontifical high mass celebrated by the ordinary.
The same email also said that praying the rosary was "rustic". So yeah, thanks guys but I think I wont bother with him anymore since it seems fairly obvious that there's no reason for disputing the number of candles.
(06-07-2011, 01:55 PM)Melita Wrote: The same email also said that praying the rosary was "rustic".

Despising Marian devotions is a sure sign of a heretical mindset.

(06-07-2011, 02:09 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 01:55 PM)Melita Wrote: The same email also said that praying the rosary was "rustic".

Despising Marian devotions is a sure sign of a heretical mindset.

And pray tell, what's wrong with rustic?  He's not just an idiot, he's a heretic, and he's a snob.