No Call For the Latin Mass
We don't need no stinkin Latin Mass do we ?

According to this Archbishop we don't

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damian...ll-for-it/

At least he retires soon
Oh cool, I didn't know no one wanted the TLM anymore.  Well what has all this fuss been about then?  Time to close up shop here I guess.
Sure does look like a woman sitting next to him.
(06-07-2011, 05:03 PM)LuminousPax Wrote: Sure does look like a woman sitting next to him.

It must be his deaconess.
(06-07-2011, 05:06 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 05:03 PM)LuminousPax Wrote: Sure does look like a woman sitting next to him.

It must be his deaconess.

Haha ... according to the caption, Noble simplicity: Archbishop Conti and magnificently coiffed male colleague (left)."

It it were really a deaconess, you'd expect alb and diaconal stole only, since they don't use dalmatics.  Since that's a chasuble (I think), I'd guess it's a priestess.
“The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.”
Cardinal Mahony

Birds of a feather ?
Don't forget that there are bishops in this generation who might be supporting the post-VII concept of collegiality.  So, they don't submit wholeheartedly to our wonderful Pope as being the head of the Church on earth.

There is a very good reason why this Archbishop is only and Archbishop and not a Cardinal even though he was to get red hat as far back as JPII's pontificate.
So I suppose his retirement can't come soon enough, eh?
(06-07-2011, 05:17 PM)Dominus est Wrote: “The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.”
Cardinal Mahony

Birds of a feather ?

Right, because the NO Mess instills the spirit of Christ among us.