No Call For the Latin Mass
(06-07-2011, 06:06 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: There is a very good reason why this Archbishop is only and Archbishop and not a Cardinal even though he was to get red hat as far back as JPII's pontificate.

On the other hand, what you should be asking yourself is why "Archbishops" like this one aren't defrocked and excommunicated.
(06-07-2011, 06:29 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 06:06 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: There is a very good reason why this Archbishop is only and Archbishop and not a Cardinal even though he was to get red hat as far back as JPII's pontificate.

On the other hand, what you should be asking yourself is why "Archbishops" like this one aren't defrocked and excommunicated.

Oh come on...you know the only ones who get excommunicated are the people who faithfully follow the Catholic Church's teachings! Even Muslims and Jews wouldn't get excommunicated!
(06-07-2011, 06:39 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 06:29 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Oh come on...you know the only ones who get excommunicated are the people who faithfully follow the Catholic Church's teachings! Even Muslims and Jews wouldn't get excommunicated!

Muslims and Jews cannot be excommunicated because they don't belong to the Church to begin with.
(06-07-2011, 05:17 PM)Dominus est Wrote: “The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.”
Cardinal Mahony

Birds of a feather ?

I'm sure that the Council of Trent contemplated having the Mass said in English and totally rejected it so the glory of VII could finally pull it off.  All that praying, kneeling, standing, and receiving Our Lord in the Most Holy Sacrament are things we do just for the fun of it.  How in the world did we get so many wonderful Saints from this banal participation?  Why on earth would Our Lord have taught such a thing if His "Spirit" wouldn't be there?  We get the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Our Lord, but not His Spirit.  Unbelievable.

True. While I defend JPII all of the time..........I can't help but say, "WHAT was he thinking". Conti  took possession of the archdiocese on 22 February 2002. Pope John Paul II bestowed the Pallium on Archbishop Conti on 29 June 2004, the Feast of Saint Peter and Saint Paul. Archbishop Conti is a member of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
(06-07-2011, 05:49 PM)Pilgrim_here Wrote: Don't forget that there are bishops in this generation who might be supporting the post-VII concept of collegiality.  So, they don't submit wholeheartedly to our wonderful Pope as being the head of the Church on earth.

Best post on FE this year. Collegiality is the problem and has been from day one imo
(06-07-2011, 06:52 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 05:17 PM)Dominus est Wrote: “The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.”
Cardinal Mahony

Birds of a feather ?

I'm sure that the Council of Trent contemplated having the Mass said in English and totally rejected it so the glory of VII could finally pull it off.  All that praying, kneeling, standing, and receiving Our Lord in the Most Holy Sacrament are things we do just for the fun of it.  How in the world did we get so many wonderful Saints from this banal participation?  Why on earth would Our Lord have taught such a thing if His "Spirit" wouldn't be there?  We get the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Our Lord, but not His Spirit.  Unbelievable.

Oh yea, imagine a young Catholic unaware that the TLM was the Mass for centuries. Then he/she reads the words of Mahony and believes it.  I can believe a liberal Cardinal would praise the NO, but it's very disturbing to hear these words spoken of the TLM.
Archbishop Conti is 77 so he will be replaced shortly.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I posted this same link on "THE OTHER FORUM" and promptly got in trouble for posting stories that were detrimental towards the clergy.  :o

I was a bad person, again.
(06-08-2011, 12:05 AM)trident59 Wrote: I posted this same link on "THE OTHER FORUM" and promptly got in trouble for posting stories that were detrimental towards the clergy.  :o

I was a bad person, again.

Modern Catholi.... I mean CA ?  :laughing: