Paul VI Mass (&VII) and the Age of Aquarius
(06-08-2011, 12:40 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: Is this a Duh, you're just realizing this now? kind of question?

Yes, but without the "duh".  :)

Quote:Or perhaps I need more tinfoil for a bigger hat. I am starting to feel like wearing a tinfoil hat since I've been putting all these together in a big bowl lately and it's starting to look like a really nasty monster.

That's the most popular way to dismiss opposition to the really nasty monster: "tinfoil hat conspiracy" labels. But this is more an argument against the person than it is an actual counter-argument.

Tie together any of the things mentioned above (or even make observations that they are all going in the same direction at the same time) and you are laughed to scorn. It happens, even here.
(06-30-2011, 08:28 PM)Gerard Wrote: My dad passed away and it's taking some time to get back into the routine. 

I am very sorry to hear this, Gerard. May God be with you both.

:pray:
(06-30-2011, 09:01 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(06-30-2011, 08:28 PM)Gerard Wrote: My dad passed away and it's taking some time to get back into the routine. 

I am very sorry to hear this, Gerard. May God be with you both.

:pray:

Yes, I posted in the other thread, but I'm very sorry once again for your loss Gerard. I'm sure it is very difficult, but words in here obviously can't express. I will continue to pray for you!  Hang in there:pray:
I am always suspicious about any simplistic account of history because they are usually fueled by some sort of ideology (although in some cases or in general outlines of history the simplified version sometimes is true). History is multifaceted
because people are multifaceted. The New Mass was almost certainly the product of bad,misguided and good intentions.
I've listened to all of the Malachi Martin interviews (at least twice), and I was particularly struck by one thing. At one point, Fr. Martin states that things are so bad that if you could see what was actually going on, you would despair.

I can see his point. In a certain sense, ignorance is bliss. Knowing exactly what's happening, where, by whom, and to what end, doesn't change what you have to do today, which is no different than what people have always had to do. For the same reason, God doesn't allow us to see all the demons that surround us day to day, because if we could we'd be paralyzed by fear. Personally, I like to know what's happening, but there comes a point where you just have to put it all down and not think about it.

I think there are some good reasons to listen to these things. One is to clear up any doubts you may have about finding truly Catholic sacraments and attending truly Catholic parishes. Drastic events require drastic measures, and this kind of knowledge gives you the power to make decisions. Malachi Martin's "Crossing the Desert" and "The Deserted Vineyard" are essential listening.

There are a couple other resources which are also very good. One is a talk by Fr. Dunn called "Our Lady's Tears," and another is an audio presentation by Henry Ferro about prophesies. I got these at KeeptheFaith.org, but they've been taken down.
(06-30-2011, 09:53 PM)sheep101 Wrote: I am always suspicious about any simplistic account of history because they are usually fueled by some sort of ideology (although in some cases or in general outlines of history the simplified version sometimes is true). History is multifaceted
because people are multifaceted. The New Mass was almost certainly the product of bad,misguided and good intentions.

That she presented it in a very simplistic way does not mean it is simplistic; nor would something being simple imply that it isn't true.

In this case, however, it is anything but simplistic.
All of the NO is an organic whole....meant to be what it is by those who developed it...but allowed by God to be that for the overall good of the Church...the NO is actually protecting the truth by being a lightning rod for untruth...and so the truth survives and Is...and gives the grace it gives with the world and evil pretty much unaware of the way they have shot themselves in the foot in an attempt to over turn that which cannot be over turned...and the world profits from their blindness by he fact of the Mass....