A question for you thinkers out there
I am not that best at forming questions, so i ask you to bare with me. If your going on a path of direction and for some cause or reason you change paths. After being on this new path, you realize this path was a mistake and you want to get back to old path. My questions is can you just simply go back to the old path, or do you have to combine the two paths into one? I say this because I get the feeling most people on here what the current Mass to go back to the Latin Mass.  My questions  follow up question is if we were to ever to go back to the Latin Mass would it be just like the old one or would we combine the Latin Mass with the current Mass. Because I feel like life is always moving forward and you can never go backwards, and since going forward is the only way then you would have to combine the the old with the current to create anew. Your thoughts.
Returning to the Church is never a step backwards, its always a proverbial step forward.  Don't think of it in terms of going forward or going back but simply going home.  I say this from expereince.

Luke Chapter 15 verses 4-7

What man of you that hath an hundred sheep: and if he shall lose one of them, doth he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert, and go after that which was lost, until he find it?  And when he hath found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing:
And coming home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost?  I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I agree with that statement. Didn't think of it that way. Of course that is everythings end is home(God),
(06-08-2011, 04:37 PM)Jakey31 Wrote: I agree with that statement. Didn't think of it that way. Of course that is everythings end is home(God),

Unfortunately, not everyone ends up going home.  Most don't. 

Go thy ways, old Jack;
That's very a scary thought.  Especially for myself. As you try to get closer to home, more miss directions show up and try to detour you off the path.
(06-08-2011, 05:14 PM)Jakey31 Wrote: That's very a scary thought.  Especially for myself. As you try to get closer to home, more miss directions show up and try to detour you off the path.

It is.  Matthew 7, v 13-14: Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat. [14] How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!

It is a reminder to never be complacent in or with the faith.  But it is of paramount importance to remember that those who seek the grace of God will find it.  God will always provide necessary graces.  That does not mean that life is easy, but it means that those who seek solace in the Lord will find it.

Do not despair.  Despair is of the devil.  he will tell man that the way is hard and long and not worth it.  He will tell man that he can't be forgiven.  God offers hope and forgiveness.  God is never a source of despair.  If you are feeling desperate, pray as our Lord did: Satan, get thee behind me.  Sometimes I get so mad I just tell the devil to f off.  But its better to pray as Christ did. 

Go thy ways, old Jack;
The general traditionalist idea is that the Novus Ordo Missal, the new Mass, is either harmful to the soul or, at least, is not nearly as conducive to reverence towards Christ and bringing the faithful to holiness.  For that reason, trads want to return to the traditional latin Mass (TLM) exclusively.

As C.S. Lewis said, "We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

What you have to decide, after prayer and study, is whether you believe that the New Mass is an improvement over the old.  If you do, then follow that path.  If you don't, why would you blend the two?  When you find truth you seek it completely.
Thank you sir, those are some fine words of wisdom.
(06-08-2011, 03:18 PM)Jakey31 Wrote: i ask you to bare with me.
Not appropriate for Catholics  ;D

(06-08-2011, 03:18 PM)Jakey31 Wrote: if we were to ever to go back to the Latin Mass would it be just like the old one or would we combine the Latin Mass with the current Mass.
I think the theory is that the new mass hasn't actually been around for that long, so it's not unthinkable to just scrap it and go back to the centuries-old (and in its essence, millenium-old) Traditional Latin Mass.

Also, the original language of the Novus Ordo is Latin, so we usually say TLM to distinguish it from the new mass.
I tend to think of it this way:

During pre-Vatican II the Church was going down a highway that was more or less headed toward's our eternal goal.  I say more or less because no matter what, in this life, we're going to have our pitfalls and potholes.  However, I view the Vatican II era as having gone off on a side road.  Turning around and going back to the main road is not going backwards... it's just getting back on the beaten path that we should have been on already.  It's not like you go back to the main road and then head back to the start point.