A question for you thinkers out there
I understand that, but that's not how life works, at least the way I've seen it.  Imagine your 16 years old kid who does everything right and is is overall good kid. Then over the next couple of years you start to hang out with the wrong crowed and start to do drugs and become addicted. Eventually over time you finally hit a wall realizing you can't keep living this way. You join groups and or get professional help to battle addiction. During the recovery stage you wish you could be the 16 year old kid who did everything right. Well you can't be but you can combine the 16 year old and the current and turn into the new person. You can't get rid those moments in time where you were made bad choices. You can never go back to what was. Your always moving forward and adding more to it. If the Latin Mass ever made it back it would never be what it once was. It be a combination of what it was in V 1 and what the current Mass is now.  This based on human interaction I've observed in my life
(06-08-2011, 03:18 PM)Jakey31 Wrote: I am not that best at forming questions, so i ask you to bare with me. If your going on a path of direction and for some cause or reason you change paths. After being on this new path, you realize this path was a mistake and you want to get back to old path. My questions is can you just simply go back to the old path, or do you have to combine the two paths into one? I say this because I get the feeling most people on here what the current Mass to go back to the Latin Mass.  My questions  follow up question is if we were to ever to go back to the Latin Mass would it be just like the old one or would we combine the Latin Mass with the current Mass. Because I feel like life is always moving forward and you can never go backwards, and since going forward is the only way then you would have to combine the the old with the current to create anew. Your thoughts.

When you're walking down a road and realize you're going the wrong way you do a 180 and start walking back, you don't veer off to the side and hope you get to your destination.

From what older Catholics have told me 1950's Catholicism was in need of renewal not revolution.
I believe it is not walking backwards. I believe it is turning around and walking forward to come back Home.

(06-11-2011, 04:02 AM)Aragon Wrote:
(06-08-2011, 03:18 PM)Jakey31 Wrote: I am not that best at forming questions, so i ask you to bare with me. If your going on a path of direction and for some cause or reason you change paths. After being on this new path, you realize this path was a mistake and you want to get back to old path. My questions is can you just simply go back to the old path, or do you have to combine the two paths into one? I say this because I get the feeling most people on here what the current Mass to go back to the Latin Mass.  My questions  follow up question is if we were to ever to go back to the Latin Mass would it be just like the old one or would we combine the Latin Mass with the current Mass. Because I feel like life is always moving forward and you can never go backwards, and since going forward is the only way then you would have to combine the the old with the current to create anew. Your thoughts.

When you're walking down a road and realize you're going the wrong way you do a 180 and start walking back, you don't veer off to the side and hope you get to your destination.

From what older Catholics have told me 1950's Catholicism was in need of renewal not revolution.
(06-13-2011, 01:35 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: I believe it is not walking backwards. I believe it is turning around and walking forward to come back Home.
When you have a drastic change  some where in life, and you want to go back, but you can't.  Life has always been like that. I've had friends get depressed during life and going through the growing pains and wishing they could go back being to 5 years old. When life was simple and great. Now he can't, instead he has to move forward
Just curious, Jakey: Do you believe in evolution?
Jake,

I think you're looking at this situation in the wrong light.  You are using an analogy that doesn't work.  Of course, as a human beings who are aging, we can't go back to when things were simpler and easier because we can't reverse time and the effects of time on our bodies.  We can, however, realize mistakes we (or someone else) made and change them. 

Say you are in a restaurant, and you order a bowl of soup.  For some reason (I'm not good at these things, so I won't come up with anything too specific), someone at your table decides to send your soup back and orders you a different bowl of soup that is supposedly like the first.  The second bowl comes, and it's gross.  It has some of the same ingredients as the first bowl, but some of the best ingredients have been removed and the soup now has additional, nasty-tasting ingredients and is cold.  You realize that the first bowl was sent away erroneously, and maybe even with nefarious reasons.  At that point, do you have to keep eating the second soup?  Do you have to mix the two bowls?  Why couldn't you just throw the second bowl away and get another bowl of the first soup? 
(06-16-2011, 01:53 PM)rose Wrote: Jake,

I think you're looking at this situation in the wrong light.  You are using an analogy that doesn't work.  Of course, as a human beings who are aging, we can't go back to when things were simpler and easier because we can't reverse time and the effects of time on our bodies.  We can, however, realize mistakes we (or someone else) made and change them. 

Say you are in a restaurant, and you order a bowl of soup.  For some reason (I'm not good at these things, so I won't come up with anything too specific), someone at your table decides to send your soup back and orders you a different bowl of soup that is supposedly like the first.  The second bowl comes, and it's gross.  It has some of the same ingredients as the first bowl, but some of the best ingredients have been removed and the soup now has additional, nasty-tasting ingredients and is cold.  You realize that the first bowl was sent away erroneously, and maybe even with nefarious reasons.  At that point, do you have to keep eating the second soup?  Do you have to mix the two bowls?  Why couldn't you just throw the second bowl away and get another bowl of the first soup? 
Point well taking. I called my Walty couple days ago and really ironed it out. My analogies work in areas i guess with sin, or maybe with choice. I used an example of my friend who admitted to being anorexic, before she was anorexic, she was a bit bigger, but then she wanted lose weight, but in the wrong way. For years she ate less and less each day until finally she had to go to the hospital and begin with her recovery stage. In her darkest days she always said i wish i could go back to the old me. At this point she couldn't and never will. She had to get better and do the necessary steps to getting healthy.  She had to combine this current person with the old to make the new person. It took a little of over a year, but worked, but i see the flaw in my analogy. Granted i like bowl of soup. You should of said we were at the two brother restaurant for adding flavor. lol
They are two separate roads, but they don't meet again by going "forward", There is no meeting of these roads eventually. Some people may think this but I highly doubt it. I actually think eventually the NO will be abolished and at that time a decree reaffirming the Roman Rite with a new restored Missal. Who knows if this is on the other end of a chastisement. Many will be running back on that road looking for the entrance to the safe and sure road.
This may help. One of my relatives was a heroin addict, he sought help and is in NA. He and I talk about life and all sorts of stuff. He asked once about recovery and the road back, this is what I told him. Some folks go to treatment and God cures them completely , instantly, and they show no outward signs, nor do they appear troubled, and move back with seeming ease. The other's recovery is full of problems and some slippage, with much sorrow and inner strife, never appearing to come back easily. Both are the hand of God, in the one He puts him back whole, while in the other he alllows him to struggle. Only God knows why he allows this, but I've heard if we knew why, we'd ask for the struggle. The Lord refines us like Gold by fire, and the imperfections and impurities you can work off here make you holier when you get there, in Caelo.

tim