Confirmation names
So I have to choose a confirmation name soon and I have no idea who to take as my patron. I'm leaning towards post-Reformation English saints. Edmund Campion is pretty appealing.

I'm going to read about a whole bunch of them before I make my decision though. Who are some cool saints I should check out?
Think of what your interest is in connection with the Catholic faith then check out the patrons of that interest
Bishop Fisher or Thomas More?

(06-10-2011, 12:27 PM)ketchum Wrote: Bishop Fisher or Thomas More?

I actually saw a performance of A man for all seasons tonight.
choose wisely, young grasshopper.  :)

You can't go wrong with St Augustine, Padre Pio, Bl Pier Giorgio Frassati, John Paul, Peter, John Vianney, St Gabriel of the Sorrowful Mother, St Aloysius, Simeon, Fr John Joseph Lataste, Bl Brother Mucian of Malonne, Joseph Cafasso, Bl Frederic, St John of the Cross or St Damian of Molokai.  
Can you use Blesseds as Confirmation patrons?
(06-10-2011, 12:36 PM)Aragon Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 12:27 PM)ketchum Wrote: Bishop Fisher or Thomas More?

I actually saw a performance of A man for all seasons tonight.

I read the book and watched the film version.  You can never go wrong when it comes to Thomas More  ;)
(06-10-2011, 11:54 AM)Aragon Wrote: So I have to choose a confirmation name soon and I have no idea who to take as my patron. I'm leaning towards post-Reformation English saints. Edmund Campion is pretty appealing.

I'm going to read about a whole bunch of them before I make my decision though. Who are some cool saints I should check out?

Here's a site that has compiled the patron saints under several categories:  http://saints.sqpn.com/

Perhaps there's a particular topic that suits you best?  :shrug:

May you have many blessings and graces on your upcoming Confirmation; but think of/refer to the saints as good or holy or virtuous, etc. ...not cool.  ;)

(06-10-2011, 01:11 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: Can you use Blesseds as Confirmation patrons?

Hmm... John XXIII or John Paul II? ???

Which to choose, which to choose...

:laughing:

Just kidding

Pick one that you've never heard of before.  I figure that the more obscure saints probably have more heavenly time to intercede and are probably happy that someone remembers them besides SQPN.

I picked Wenceslaus. :D
(06-10-2011, 02:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 01:11 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: Can you use Blesseds as Confirmation patrons?

Hmm... John XXIII or John Paul II? ???

Which to choose, which to choose...

:laughing:

Just kidding

Pick one that you've never heard of before.  I figure that the more obscure saints probably have more heavenly time to intercede and are probably happy that someone remembers them besides SQPN.

I picked Wenceslaus. :D

Just remember...they are out of time completely up there! So they can pray for anyone whenever they want! :) (how do I say that without referring to time-- always, forever...?)

And everyone knows about St. Wenceslaus!