Confirmation names
I agree, but it's always nice to have your own saint that no one has to bother except for you
(06-10-2011, 02:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I picked Wenceslaus. :D

I was received into the Church on his Feast Day. Of course, I prefer to be linguistically correct and refer to him as St Vaclav! :laughing:
You could try something like narrowing down to the last 10, more or less, writing the names on pieces of paper, and putting them in a hat. Just pray "God's will be done" and draw one out.
Besides what most of the other posters have suggested here, see what Saint's Feast Day occurs on your birthday, and maybe choose from that list.
(06-10-2011, 04:04 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: Besides what most of the other posters have suggested here, see what Saint's Feast Day occurs on your birthday, and maybe choose from that list.

...by picking a cool one that you've never heard of.  :D
It's been said that your Confirmation saint actually chooses you.  You just have to have your heart open to hear them.  Other than some children's books at the library, I had no way of knowing anything about the saints.  Mom was a convert and Dad was gone most of the time so they weren't alot of help.  We went to Mass in a hotel room so we didn't live around Catholics until 15 days before the ceremony.  Then I met a lady named Therese and she knew all about St. Therese the Little Flower.  She gave me an excellent book about her and I just knew she was the one.  She's been perfect for me.  She's really taught me about simplicity and love for God.

So, long story even longer  :laughing: , I'd pray for a Saint that can really help you grow spiritually.  And listen to see who answers.
Chose wisely.

I didn't know any better and picked St Matthew...after my own name. How boring is that (with all due respect to St Matthew)??
(06-10-2011, 07:31 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: ...after my own name.

You're in good company...  ;)
(06-10-2011, 04:06 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 04:04 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: Besides what most of the other posters have suggested here, see what Saint's Feast Day occurs on your birthday, and maybe choose from that list.

...by picking a cool one that you've never heard of.  :D

Bingo!

Aragon, as I perused the calendar I noticed your birthday is March 30. Here's a list of Saints whose Feast Days occur on that day.

http://saints.sqpn.com/30-march/
Mine was Anne Dominic Aloysius.

How i wish i added Alphonsus. His books have inspired me so much.

And Teresa too.