Poll: What's your favorite liturgical time of the year, and why?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What's your favorite liturgical time of the year?
(06-11-2011, 08:32 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: I thought it was called the "Period after Pentecost"?

It is, in the traditional calendar. You might like Ordinary Time in its Latin form: Tempus Per Annum ("time throughout the year"). Some say Ordinary Time gets its name from the word ordinal, meaning "numbered." Others suggest the term is related to our word "ordinary" (of time and order, derived from the Latin word ordo).
I love Advent. I feel that little giddy upwelling of excitement every single day, like a little kid waiting for Saint Nick, but I know it's a penitential time, so it takes a little work to keep myself from going overboard with decorations and Christmas songs and everything else. I don't know why it affects me so much stronger than Lent and Easter...maybe it's the newness of the year. I've been trying to transfer all that energy to the Christmas season, but so far that's failed.
(06-11-2011, 11:51 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: I love Advent. I feel that little giddy upwelling of excitement every single day, like a little kid waiting for Saint Nick, but I know it's a penitential time, so it takes a little work to keep myself from going overboard with decorations and Christmas songs and everything else. I don't know why it affects me so much stronger than Lent and Easter...maybe it's the newness of the year. I've been trying to transfer all that energy to the Christmas season, but so far that's failed.

You expressed my own thoughts very much here, RR. The whole feeling I get during this time is that I, as well as the whole world, is waiting for something. In years past, before I came back to the Church, one of the biggest letdown days of the year was December 26, but now, knowing what I know about the Christmas season, including the fact that it doesn't end on December 25, makes me much more appreciative of both Advent and Christmas. Plus, I have many happy memories of Christmases past to ponder.

I have also come to appreciate Easter more so than I did in years past. Besides being the most important Feast Day on the Church Calendar, the whole notion of the rebirth of nature in the spring dovetails perfectly with Christ rising from the dead. Just as it's no coincidence that Our Lord's Birthday occurs during one of the longest nights of the year, it's also no coincidence that He died and rose from the dead in the spring.
Holy Week and Easter. All the liturgies are so moving and there was so much joy on Easter day.
Easter of course.  Being a musician, it's natural that I like that I can go all out with the organ after a loooooong period of comparable silence.   
I like the time between Christmas and Lent.  Happy times to think about, no anxiety about being ready for Our Lord's coming or the upcoming Passion.  Such a peaceful time.
I'm a fan of tempus post Pentacosten.
I'd have to say Lent upto and including Easter. But I voted for Easter.