Why does everyone blame God when bad things happen?
As has been said, it's because God is omnipotent and therefore the "bad" thing is either directly or indirectly willed by Him. However, we have faith in His goodness also, that everything He directly wills or permits is ultimately for good. St. Augustine said we often just see a pile of stones, but at the end, when everything is made manifest, we will see that we were looking at a small portion of a very large and beautiful mosaic. 
(06-13-2011, 07:45 AM)SaintSebastian Wrote: As has been said, it's because God is omnipotent and therefore the "bad" thing is either directly or indirectly willed by Him. However, we have faith in His goodness also, that everything He directly wills or permits is ultimately for good. St. Augustine said we often just see a pile of stones, but at the end, when everything is made manifest, we will see that we were looking at a small portion of a very large and beautiful mosaic. 

I insist that all evil comes from us, sinners, and from bad angels.  From God Almighty we only get good things; it is we who make bad use of them.  There is no point in talking about bad angels.  They are lost forever through their own fault. 
I'm just worried about a passive, fatalistic, false God replacing our active and fighting Catholic tradition of battling evil with sacraments and reminding Catholics of the great hate that the powers of darkness have for human beings because God became one of us.  As Islam grows and takes over, isn't this "ominpotent" Allah imposter the one who supposedly controls everything and creates a sense of fatalism in many Moslems?

I have lost most of everything in this life but I do not blame God, I blame suffering on the hate and envy of the wicked, be they human or demonic in nature. Isn't there a Synagogue of Satan too? Aren't people made poor and tormented as Jesus Christ was? I want to believe that the sacraments of the church aid us in fighting off these evil doers and prepare us for the upcoming, temporary defeat we will soon see. I don't think human sin explains why a child is stricken with leukemia. Children are a great joy to God and therefore, an abomination to the devil. I can see why they get sick and suffer from this light, not from the sin angle. Sin causes us to move away from God but why would God take a child away from a parent?
(06-11-2011, 11:33 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-11-2011, 11:25 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Grieving people don't always think clearly. My mother lost a child, but she didn't get angry with God. Everyone is different.. Circumstances are different. When my mother lost my sister she was older and much more solid in her faith. When young couples lose a small child their reaction is often anger at God.. I think God understands.

I hope God understands and forgives ... because the reaction you mention is grievous, unfair, unkind, unwarranted, inhuman and very selfish... to say the least.

It is, but it's also a symptom of our fallen nature.  Who of us can't truly be judged as "grievous, unfair, unkind, unwarranted, inhuman and very selfish?"  This does not condone such behavior, but does explain it. 
Quote: Sin causes us to move away from God but why would God take a child away from a parent?

Why did God allow Christ, the greatest son ever to have lived, to be taken away from his mother, the greatest mother that ever lived, in a most barbaric way?

God works in mysterious ways and we are not privy to all of his plans. '

Also remember God's rebuke of Job when the latter asked God why he was making him suffer so much:

Quote:Were you there when I made the world? If you know so much, tell me about it. 5 Who decided how large it would be? Who stretched the measuring line over it? Do you know all the answers? 6 What holds up the pillars that support the earth? Who laid the cornerstone of the world? 7 In the dawn of that day the stars sang together, and the heavenly beings shouted for joy. 8 Who closed the gates to hold back the sea when it burst from the womb of the earth? 9 It was I who covered the sea with clouds and wrapped it in darkness. 10 I marked a boundary for the sea and kept it behind bolted gates. 11 I told it, "So far and no farther! Here your powerful waves must stop."
(06-14-2011, 04:52 PM)mistman Wrote: I'm just worried about a passive, fatalistic, false God replacing our active and fighting Catholic tradition of battling evil with sacraments and reminding Catholics of the great hate that the powers of darkness have for human beings because God became one of us.  As Islam grows and takes over, isn't this "ominpotent" Allah imposter the one who supposedly controls everything and creates a sense of fatalism in many Moslems?

I have lost most of everything in this life but I do not blame God, I blame suffering on the hate and envy of the wicked, be they human or demonic in nature. Isn't there a Synagogue of Satan too? Aren't people made poor and tormented as Jesus Christ was? I want to believe that the sacraments of the church aid us in fighting off these evil doers and prepare us for the upcoming, temporary defeat we will soon see. I don't think human sin explains why a child is stricken with leukemia. Children are a great joy to God and therefore, an abomination to the devil. I can see why they get sick and suffer from this light, not from the sin angle. Sin causes us to move away from God but why would God take a child away from a parent?

"...why would God take a child away from a parent?"  Maybe they were not worthy of him...
(06-14-2011, 04:57 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
Quote: Sin causes us to move away from God but why would God take a child away from a parent?

Why did God allow Christ, the greatest son ever to have lived, to be taken away from his mother, the greatest mother that ever lived, in a most barbaric way?

Also remember God's rebuke of Job when the latter asked God why he was making him suffer so much:

Quote:Were you there when I made the world? If you know so much, tell me about it. 5 Who decided how large it would be? Who stretched the measuring line over it? Do you know all the answers? 6 What holds up the pillars that support the earth? Who laid the cornerstone of the world? 7 In the dawn of that day the stars sang together, and the heavenly beings shouted for joy. 8 Who closed the gates to hold back the sea when it burst from the womb of the earth? 9 It was I who covered the sea with clouds and wrapped it in darkness. 10 I marked a boundary for the sea and kept it behind bolted gates. 11 I told it, "So far and no farther! Here your powerful waves must stop."

QFT
(06-14-2011, 07:22 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-14-2011, 04:57 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

QTF

QTF? See this is why we need to stick to "this"
(06-14-2011, 07:24 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: QTF? See this is why we need to stick to "this"

Already corrected. I don't let small errors discourage my endeavours.

You should do the same.
(06-14-2011, 07:26 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-14-2011, 07:24 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: QTF? See this is why we need to stick to "this"

Already corrected.
You should do the same.

That's cheating!