I interrupted the homily yesterday
(06-13-2011, 12:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 12:11 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Say Mass....insert NO reading....

Why!?

What about the other propers?

Disrepect...adgenda...NO....

they just filled in the blanks.
I wish I had done this when that priest was telling everyone there is no such thing as mortal sin anymore. Instead I just quietly walked out. Actually, that was probably the best thing since in my anger a lot of times I say things I regret later on.

(06-13-2011, 12:16 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 12:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 12:11 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Say Mass....insert NO reading....

Why!?

What about the other propers?

Disrepect...adgenda...NO....

they just filled in the blanks.

WHY BOTHER WITH THE TLM THEN!?
(06-13-2011, 12:13 AM)Petertherock Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 11:10 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I agree that it was heresy, but publically calling the priest a heretic like that was not appropriate. Only God judges His priests. I know that what he said was maddening. But you would have set a better example by leaving quietly.

I guess all the Saints that shouted down heretic priests and Bishops should have kept their peace too? Souls are at stake, it's time someone takes a stand and does whatever they can to lead people out of the new church.
Look, I sympathize with the OP. I really do. But there's a big difference between pointing out heresy as heresy, and publicly calling a priest a heretic. Treating a priest that way is no small thing. Maybe some are comfortable with doing it, but I am not.
(06-13-2011, 12:21 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: WHY BOTHER WITH THE TLM THEN!?

It was a dioc control issue....there was an SSPX affiliated inde chapel in the area....gotta keep the money for the sex crime payouts....

(06-13-2011, 12:25 AM)tradne4163 Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 12:13 AM)Petertherock Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 11:10 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I agree that it was heresy, but publically calling the priest a heretic like that was not appropriate. Only God judges His priests. I know that what he said was maddening. But you would have set a better example by leaving quietly.

I guess all the Saints that shouted down heretic priests and Bishops should have kept their peace too? Souls are at stake, it's time someone takes a stand and does whatever they can to lead people out of the new church.
Look, I sympathize with the OP. I really do. But there's a big difference between pointing out heresy as heresy, and publicly calling a priest a heretic. Treating a priest that way is no small thing. Maybe some are comfortable with doing it, but I am not.

I can see where you are coming from...maybe saying "That's a heretical statement" or whatever would be better, but to call a priest a heretic is probably over the top.

I've walked out on Masses before but never called any priest a heretic. Oh, yes, I've wanted to but never have done that. Usually i just go parish shopping.
Finally found a good one but its 120 miles away. So 3 years ago I began forming a group to request the TLM. We finally got one (once a month) but its a start.

At least no more garbage Masses.
(06-13-2011, 12:30 AM)trident59 Wrote: I've walked out on Masses before but never called any priest a heretic. Oh, yes, I've wanted to but never have done that. Usually i just go parish shopping.
Finally found a good one but its 120 miles away. So 3 years ago I began forming a group to request the TLM. We finally got one (once a month) but its a start.

At least no more garbage Masses.

good hearing
The people were standing in line for soup, the priest was dishing out poison, and you warned them - good for you.
(06-12-2011, 10:54 PM)mcwhite Wrote: I am on holiday at the moment and went to a local parish I would never normally attend. I have not been to the Novus Ordo in over a year and only went to keep peace in the extended family.

When the Preist got up and defended Bishop Morris in his homily, implicitly supported women's ordination and denigrated the Holy Father I could listen no longer. I stood up and said loudly but calmly to the whole congregation, "I can listen to this heresy no longer Father. You are a heretic." I then walked out of the Church with my wife and the two children we had with us. Suffice to say none of the locals joined my little walk-out.

I am not sure if my approach was effective or charitable. Nonetheless, I'd probably do it again.

As I have said to the Priest concerned since in an email, I apologise for interrupting your homily but I do not apologise for calling you a heretic.

Any thoughts (constructive criticism welcomed)....?

I congratulate you on your 'walk out'
One of the problems with the Church these days, and over the past 50 years, is that the laity just sat back and did nothing as the faith was destroyed.
Good for you man!