I interrupted the homily yesterday
I can only offer my prayers, for this situation and all situations similar to this, and there are so many of them. I stopped attending my local parish because the priest called John Paul II a "fascist" and Benedict "autocratic."

???

Sigh.
I can see where one would be angry, as I sat through some bad homilies in my time, but I may have considered going to the priest's office after the Mass, or going to the Bishop's office later. Just me, though.
If this happened more often and resulted in the dismissal of the heretical clerics, the world would be a much better place.

As it is, most laymen lack the courage of their convictions.  Father Flapdoodle will just keep on gnawing at the souls of his flock and people will go to Hell as a result.
(06-15-2011, 11:55 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: If this happened more often and resulted in the dismissal of the heretical clerics, the world would be a much better place.

As it is, most laymen lack the courage of their convictions.  Father Flapdoodle will just keep on gnawing at the souls of his flock and people will go to Hell as a result.

Yup.
(06-12-2011, 11:55 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: The laity have no authority to declare someone a heretic, whether the person is a priest or not. That is the issue I have here, as I already said.

Really?  Where is that written or said?  The laity don't need any authority at all to call a heretic a heretic.  It doesn't need a formal declaration.  This is the sad thing about the Novus Ordo.  So-called "priests" run around destroying the faith and the laity make them all little popes.
(06-13-2011, 12:03 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Calling anyone a heretic nowadays is rarely useful and more often than not leads to laughter and a hardening of hearts.  

That's because the new church is so infested with heresy that no one actually believes in it...  unless they're attacking a traditional Catholic.
I wonder if some posters here would endure Luther's sermons, had they lived in the 16th century.

It seems so.