Saint Anthony Relic Stolen!
Here is an thoughtful commentary on the loss of the St. Anthony relic:

http://saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot...relic.html
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."   - Willy Wonka

For modern-day stories of Saint Anthony's help in people's lives:  saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot.com
(06-15-2011, 11:13 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(06-15-2011, 12:10 PM)ketchum Wrote: If saints can bless why not justly punish? 

Source? I've never heard this said, that's all.

Does it need a source?  it makes sense to me.
Witches give curses. I don't think saints do. God is the judge of individuals. He hands out the punishments.

Hebrews 10: [30] For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people.

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(06-16-2011, 10:45 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Witches give curses. I don't think saints do.
Ecce! 

Also, great sig and fine avatar, but there's "a typo" in the caption. 
(06-16-2011, 11:32 AM)Salmagundi Wrote:
(06-16-2011, 10:45 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Witches give curses. I don't think saints do.
Ecce! 

Who me?
(06-16-2011, 10:45 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Witches give curses. I don't think saints do. God is the judge of individuals. He hands out the punishments.

Hebrews 10: [30] For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people.

Of course everything comes from God but he always uses someone or something why not a Saint?

I've grown up to believe that but I could be wrong :]
(06-16-2011, 12:45 PM)ketchum Wrote:
(06-16-2011, 11:32 AM)Salmagundi Wrote:
Ecce! 

Who me?

I don't understand.  What do you mean by your question?
(06-16-2011, 09:56 AM)ketchum Wrote:
(06-15-2011, 11:13 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(06-15-2011, 12:10 PM)ketchum Wrote: If saints can bless why not justly punish? 

Source? I've never heard this said, that's all.

Does it need a source?  it makes sense to me.

I'm not aware of any scriptural examples or writings of Saints imposing punishment on people.  There are examples of angels and saints performing messenger roles and prayer intercession but, not imposing a form of justice granted by God's will.

Every possible form of justice is possessed by God (Divine Justice).  Perhaps through Distributive Justice the saints have the ability to ask for His just punishment.  In Rev. 6:9-11 – the martyred saints in heaven cry out in a loud voice to God to avenge their blood “on those who dwell upon the earth.”

In the Summa Question 72. Prayers with regard to the saints in heaven it says:

Quote:Reply to Objection 5. As appears from the authority of Gregory quoted above (ad 3), the saints and angels will nothing but what they see to be in the Divine will: and so neither do they pray for aught else. Nor is their prayer fruitless, since as Augustine says (De Praed. Sanct. [De Dono Persever. xxii]): "The prayers of the saints profit the predestinate, because it is perhaps pre-ordained that they shall be saved through the prayers of those who intercede for them": and consequently God also wills that what the saints see Him to will shall be fulfilled through their prayers.

Although God can fulfill the prayers of the Saints, punishment is God's alone.  We are either damned or He remits a temporal punishment.

Something far worse than what happened to the relics is that in different places in Mexico, about 10 years ago, when the Catholic church in Mexico allowed communion in the hand, (It is not allowed anywhere in Mexico anymore), some people used to take the Blessed Sacrament and do demonic rituals, black masses etc with it.

They found it!

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=10708&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CatholicWorldNewsFeatureStories+%28Catholic+World+News+%28on+CatholicCulture.org%29%29

"Police in Long Beach, California, have arrested Maria Solis, 41, in conjunction with the theft of a relic of St. Anthony of Padua from a parish on June 13. The relic was discovered undamaged in her living room and has been returned to the parish; the suspect is not a parishioner.

“St. Anthony is the patron saint of travelers and lost things, but today he’s also the honorary saint of the Long Beach Police Department,” said Father Jose Magana, pastor of St. Anthony’s Parish. "

Praise God