Catholic Priest on Protestant TV Station???
Fr Michael Manning is "proud to have his very own show right here on TBN."

A Catholic priest has his own show on a protestant tv station. 

Thats it.  I was trying to discourage my mom from watching TBN but now they have a Catholic priest with his own show. 

What in the world is going on.  Please, somebody please explain to me how this is acceptable.

What other conslusion can one draw from this other than to say the Catholic Church is just another denomination.

Wow.

Indeed it is madness! This is false ecumenism in practice for I highly doubt that this Catholic priest is exhorting Protestants to become Catholic (obviously he would not have a program on a Protestant network if he were to do so, lol). Pope Pius XI would surely die of horror were he to see such a program. Lord have mercy on them!
They (or some other network) even show old Bishop Sheen videos.

A local Protestant channel also shows Orlando Catholic diocese programs. The diocese pays for the air time. It's called CCTN. The Mass is very Modernist. For instance, the priest ad libs the "Eucharistic prayer" at times, wanders throughout the church during his homily, had music from Disney's Animal Kingdom once, ad libs the prayer before the Gospel (states "May this reading of the Good News according to Luke..."), uses "salad bowls" as ciboriums, etc.
Deogratias Wrote:

Thats it. I was trying to discourage my mom from watching TBN but now they have a Catholic priest with his own show.

What in the world is going on. Please, somebody please explain to me how this is acceptable.

What other conslusion can one draw from this other than to say the Catholic Church is just another denomination.

Wow.

On second thought.....This priest might be able to teach some valuable truths to those who watch....Protestants often have weird ideas about what Catholics do and beieve...Maybe he can dispel some mythis about our faith....
CatholicLady Wrote:
Deogratias Wrote:Fr Michael Manning is "proud to have his very own show right here on TBN."

Thats it. I was trying to discourage my mom from watching TBN but now they have a Catholic priest with his own show.

What in the world is going on. Please, somebody please explain to me how this is acceptable.

What other conslusion can one draw from this other than to say the Catholic Church is just another denomination.

Wow.

On second thought.....This priest might be able to teach some valuable truths to those who watch....Protestants often have weird ideas about what Catholics do and beieve...Maybe he can dispel some mythis about our faith....

Do you honestly believe this?
Quote:

I'm sorry, CatholicLady, these programs are just flase ecumenism plane and simple.
if he cleared up misconceptions he should also try to convert these people, which he probably is not doing.
I wonder if the congressional chaplain (a Catholic priest) ever mentions the Virgin Mary in his opening orations?
StThomasMore Wrote:

I'm sorry, CatholicLady, these programs are just flase ecumenism plane and simple.

Do you know what's on the show, or are you just guessing?

Quote:

This doesn't surprise me. He used to have a regular show at EWTN. However I remember Fr. Manning from a debate in a protestant radio show that pitted on the Catholic side Gerry Matatics and Fr. Manning and on the Protestant side, ex-Catholic priest, Bartholomew Brewer. The discussion came to the question of the Blessed Virgin Mary's role in the economy of salvation and Bart Brewer asked Fr. Manning, "do you need Mary for salvation?" and Manning replied "I DO NOT need Mary in order to be saved." By that statement, Manning essentially posits the protestant belief.

As for referring the Catholic Church as a "denomination," it is meant to show that Catholicisam is just another cog in the wheel of Christendom. Ex-Catholics like to allude to this. So does Fr. Manning?