Catholic Priest on Protestant TV Station???
mortaliumanimos Wrote:
CatholicLady Wrote:
Deogratias Wrote:

Fr Michael Manning is "proud to have his very own show right here on TBN."

A Catholic priest has his own show on a protestant tv station.

Thats it. I was trying to discourage my mom from watching TBN but now they have a Catholic priest with his own show.

What in the world is going on. Please, somebody please explain to me how this is acceptable.

What other conslusion can one draw from this other than to say the Catholic Church is just another denomination.

Wow.

On second thought.....This priest might be able to teach some valuable truths to those who watch....Protestants often have weird ideas about what Catholics do and beieve...Maybe he can dispel some mythis about our faith....

Do you honestly believe this?

Well...He might....You never know....And it is true that protestant often have  missconceptions about Cathiolic beliefs and customs....Just as we sometimes don't understand what they do.....It's nice when someone can set the record straight....The priest in question is in a perfect situation to do real evangelizing for the faith.....Let's hope he takes advantage of his situation.  I know I would...and do when I am in the company of my evangelical friends and someone says something about Catholicism that isn't quite right....

StThomasMore Wrote:
Quote:
On second thought.....This priest might be able to teach some valuable truths to those who watch....Protestants often have weird ideas about what Catholics do and beieve...Maybe he can dispel some mythis about our faith....

I'm sorry, CatholicLady, these programs are just flase ecumenism plane and simple.

Just trying to look on the bright side of things .
Paul Wrote:
StThomasMore Wrote:I'm sorry, CatholicLady, these programs are just flase ecumenism plane and simple.

Do you know what's on the show, or are you just guessing?

I sense that just about everyone is just guessing.

Since when the Catholic Faith needs to be propagated on only certain stations, or frequencies.  This is ridiculous.

If there is anything, propagation of the Catholic Faith should be embedded in areas where they reach non-Catholics. It's capital!!!

I never saw the show, and I suspect most of all the above posters. So I cannot comment on it, but can it not be hoped that it does provide a good representation of Catholics?

Is our Faith something that we jealously protect to only be shared amongst us or is it something to propagate to all and at all good opportunities?

I second Catholic Lady... and express my dismay to others.  If the show is good, and none of us seem to know if it's is or not, what is the problem exactly?  That's it's on channel 345 rather then 182?

I propose we see what he is about before anything else: http://www.frmanning.com/onscreen.htm

The Christian Sentinel

[-]
  •
Thanks for posting that Quo Vadis Petre. It's kind of ironic that non-Catholics can recognize the apostacy in The Church when some, even a lot of, Catholics wouldn't recognize it if it were to bite them on the nose.

Here's a quote of Fr. Michael Manning's mission concerning other religions, The Divine Word Missionaries site:

"Fr. Mike's goal is to present Catholic perspectives on life's issues. He has driving desire to build bridges among people of different denominations and religions. He champions the causes of the poor and disenfranchised. His teachings bring fresh and exciting insights into the Bible and the Catholic faith."

Build bridges? Sounds wonderful! (note sarcasm) Hmmmm, don't see anything mentioned about converting people to the One Holy Catholic Church. I looked over the site Vandaler gave a link to while I was waiting for one of the videos to download. I saw nothing about converting persons to Catholicism, if someone else sees it, please point it out. So many souls are being lost, this ought to anger any person who calls themselves Catholic.

Here's another atrocity located at one of the main sites of the Missionary that Father Manning belongs to:

This is their idea of justice and peace found HERE

[Image: pic.gif] 1. Participate in a diversity program.
[Image: pic.gif] 2. Plan a reconciliation service
[Image: pic.gif] 3. Take a conversation course in another language spoken in your community.
[Image: pic.gif] 4. Visit the Southern Poverty Law Center’s web site: www.splcenter.org.
[Image: pic.gif] 5. Show distaste for ethnic and racial “jokes”.
[Image: pic.gif] 6. Assess the cultural diversity of art in your community.
Add something new.
[Image: pic.gif] 7. Bookmark some diversity web sites on your computer.
[Image: pic.gif] 8. Hold a diversity potluck and ask participants to bring dishes representing their cultural heritage.
[Image: pic.gif] 9. Take the Implicit Associations Test
(http://depts.washington.edu/iat/index.html)
[Image: pic.gif] 10. Write a letter to your local newspaper highlighting a story of cooperation or tolerance.
[Image: pic.gif] 11. Encourage local law enforcement to establish a diversity training program for all officers.
[Image: pic.gif] 12. Request a free copy of Ten Ways to Fight Racism from SPLC, 400 Washington Ave., Montgomery, AL 36104.
[Image: pic.gif] 13. Thank God for the gift of diversity.
[Image: pic.gif] 14. Include racial tolerance and understanding in your petitions for Prayers of the Faithful at Mass.
[Image: pic.gif] 15. Open a door, literally or figuratively, for someone of another race.
[Image: pic.gif] 16. Smile and say Hello to a passer-by of another race.
[Image: pic.gif] 17. List all the things you love most about your ethnic heritage.
[Image: pic.gif] 18. Support the rights of others to love their cultural heritages as much as you love yours.
[Image: pic.gif] 19. Try to imagine a world without diversity.
[Image: pic.gif] 20. List the ways in which you have felt enriched by contact with other cultures.
[Image: pic.gif] 21. Study the history of intolerant nations in the Twentieth Century.
[Image: pic.gif] 22. Discuss some of the consequences of intolerance.
They link to Fr. Manning's site HERE
Paul Wrote:
StThomasMore Wrote:I'm sorry, CatholicLady, these programs are just flase ecumenism plane and simple.

Do you know what's on the show, or are you just guessing?

TBN is founded by ..."Ben" the black guy that was with Pat Robertson of CBN. They have they same 'theology', Dispensationalism, "The New Jim Bakker Show" (with his new wife, poor thing is named Tammi), Catholicism is hated, pure and simple. They love Jews and all things Jewish. "Our Savior is Jewish, we're Jewish at heart, and we support the Jews". To have a Catholic priest there really is befuddling, but I can only guess this priest is very Modernist as they would NEVER in a million years allow this priest to 'convert', further it is very clear post VII that 'conversion isn't neccessary'.

Reese Wrote:It's kind of ironic that non-Catholics can recognize the apostasy in The Church when some, even a lot of, Catholics wouldn't recognize it if it were to bite them on the nose.

Well said, Reese. [Image: tiphat2.gif]
Okay, to be fair, I did download and watch one of the videos (took forever because I couldn't get the Real Player ones to work so I had to use the Windows Media Player one). I just watched 20 minutes of the video entitled "A priests wife." In it is an interview with a priests wife, they converted from the Anglican Church. About 20 minutes into the video comes the subtle attack on the Catholic Church. The "shame" of the Catholic Church's past. [Image: puke.gif]