Voris: It's not enough to talk about problems in the Church
I also see it attributed to Saint John Eudes. If we have Chrysostom's writings, why does no one attribute it?
I'm not particularly fond of Voris' speaking style nor hair (is that a really bad toupee?  ??? ) but, he often makes some pretty good points.  He's correct in saying it's the Bishops duty to correct the wrongs in our Church and that our Bishops need prayers.  I believe he missed the mark by not encouraging people to additionally volunteer within their Church. To be quite honest, I find few things more annoying than individuals who continually criticize the Church, yet do nothing more than attend mass.  Would have been an exceptional video if he told people to get out from behind the computer and do more than just pray.  We can criticize till we're blue in the face but, that changes nothing.
(06-17-2011, 07:33 PM)LuminousPax Wrote: I'm not particularly fond of Voris' speaking style nor hair (is that a really bad toupee?  ??? ) but, he often makes some pretty good points.  He's correct in saying it's the Bishops duty to correct the wrongs in our Church and that our Bishops need prayers.  I believe he missed the mark by not encouraging people to additionally volunteer within their Church. To be quite honest, I find few things more annoying than individuals who continually criticize the Church, yet do nothing more than attend mass.  Would have been an exceptional video if he told people to get out from behind the computer and do more than just pray.  We can criticize till we're blue in the face but, that changes nothing.

In his defense, when he has time to speak for a longer amount of time and has only had decaffeinated coffee that day his tone is very different and he often goes into the issues you discuss. 
(06-17-2011, 07:37 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 07:33 PM)LuminousPax Wrote: I'm not particularly fond of Voris' speaking style nor hair (is that a really bad toupee?  ??? ) but, he often makes some pretty good points.  He's correct in saying it's the Bishops duty to correct the wrongs in our Church and that our Bishops need prayers.  I believe he missed the mark by not encouraging people to additionally volunteer within their Church. To be quite honest, I find few things more annoying than individuals who continually criticize the Church, yet do nothing more than attend mass.  Would have been an exceptional video if he told people to get out from behind the computer and do more than just pray.  We can criticize till we're blue in the face but, that changes nothing.

In his defense, when he has time to speak for a longer amount of time and has only had decaffeinated coffee that day his tone is very different and he often goes into the issues you discuss. 

Hmm.... I've probably only watched a dozen of these so I'll take your word that he does this. 
LuminousPax, I agree this is something we should strive for, but often it is impractical.

I tried to go that route and it was like trying to break through titanium with a butter knife.  There are often so many committees, half of the time people are fighting over turf - territory that is often imaginary to begin with.  Also, the moment you let on that you are seriously in favor of the Tridentine Mass, you are marginalized and your suggestions are ignored. 

Also, in the Novus Ordo, Priests will often give in to the latest pet project of some all grown up children of the 60s, but will immediately and summarily dismiss a call for a consistent TLM on Sunday.

Ultimately, we are typically forced to chapels, where the traditionalist Priest doesn't delegate away all of his responsibilities.
I understand that it's not easy... and that's kind of my point.  To sit and criticize is easy - to be humble and put aside what we want NOW is the tough fight.  Do they not have opportunities to work with the youth (as an example) in your TLM parish?  One of my friends is very traditional and started a program for post-confirmation teens in an OF parish.  She's been able to teach prayers in Latin to them amongst other traditional teachings, while respecting current teachings.  As another example, I make myself available to attend adoration with the teens at my Church.  This is one of the areas where I spend the least amount of volunteer time but, have great rewards.
(06-17-2011, 09:40 PM)LuminousPax Wrote: I understand that it's not easy... and that's kind of my point.  To sit and criticize is easy - to be humble and put aside what we want NOW is the tough fight.  Do they not have opportunities to work with the youth (as an example) in your TLM parish?  One of my friends is very traditional and started a program for post-confirmation teens in an OF parish.  She's been able to teach prayers in Latin to them amongst other traditional teachings, while respecting current teachings.  As another example, I make myself available to attend adoration with the teens at my Church.  This is one of the areas where I spend the least amount of volunteer time but, have great rewards.

This is a great outlook! 
(06-17-2011, 09:40 PM)LuminousPax Wrote: I understand that it's not easy... and that's kind of my point.  To sit and criticize is easy - to be humble and put aside what we want NOW is the tough fight.  Do they not have opportunities to work with the youth (as an example) in your TLM parish?  One of my friends is very traditional and started a program for post-confirmation teens in an OF parish.  She's been able to teach prayers in Latin to them amongst other traditional teachings, while respecting current teachings.  As another example, I make myself available to attend adoration with the teens at my Church.  This is one of the areas where I spend the least amount of volunteer time but, have great rewards.

I haven't ever reached the point of bilocation like St. Padre Pio, but sometimes I get close with all of my travelling!

Since I'm not really in one place, it's hard for me to petition to found a traditionalist group at my official parish, but I have thought about that.  My 'second residence' is incidentally right on top of an ICKSP church, which is very fortuitous.