Poll: Are you a member of the Confraternity?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary
(06-16-2011, 08:26 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: My trad priest does like an annual membership drive to get as many folks enrolled as possible. Parishioners give him their names and info and he sends it on to Rome or wherever it needs to go

Went on a trad road trip today - prayed full rosary together in the car. With Marian hymns in Rwandan, French and Latin between decades. Amazing.

You bloody Kebekers get all the luck when it comes to Catholicism.
(06-17-2011, 07:53 AM)LausTibiChriste Wrote:
(06-16-2011, 08:26 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: My trad priest does like an annual membership drive to get as many folks enrolled as possible. Parishioners give him their names and info and he sends it on to Rome or wherever it needs to go

Went on a trad road trip today - prayed full rosary together in the car. With Marian hymns in Rwandan, French and Latin between decades. Amazing.

You bloody Kebekers get all the luck when it comes to Catholicism.

Listen, you're welcome to move here if you'd like!  LOL

Well, for those who have remained anchored in tradition, Quebec has a strong Catholic tradition to be anchored into!

Drove by St-Bruno yesterday, which you might appreciate as a "closet carthusian"... that's the closest ski hill to my home - Mont Saint Bruno, rather small. Short lineups tho
When do y'all pray the entire rosary?  I usually pray mine on Sunday.  I ask people if they need any of my prayers and offer my Rosary for them and the members of the confraternity
(06-17-2011, 11:19 AM)ketchum Wrote: When do y'all pray the entire rosary?  I usually pray mine on Sunday.  I ask people if they need any of my prayers and offer my Rosary for them and the members of the confraternity

On my way to work, I have a LONG commute.
(06-17-2011, 11:21 AM)revert_43 Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 11:19 AM)ketchum Wrote: When do y'all pray the entire rosary?  I usually pray mine on Sunday.  I ask people if they need any of my prayers and offer my Rosary for them and the members of the confraternity

So everyday? O:
just for the confraternity, you don't have to say all 4 mysteries in the one sitting, do you?  Huh?

Everyday.  I once tried this a while ago and couldn't get past three days.  Then I started again and I've been going solid for several weeks.  Though I fell asleep on Wednesday after my Sorrowful Mysteries.  I woke up completely confused  Sticking tongue out at you!

@MaidenOfGod: No.  Just a single chaplet a day.  And you don't have to pray all four sets of Mysteries.  Only the three traditional Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious.
(06-17-2011, 11:41 AM)City Smurf Wrote:

Everyday.  I once tried this a while ago and couldn't get past three days.  Then I started again and I've been going solid for several weeks.  Though I fell asleep on Wednesday after my Sorrowful Mysteries.  I woke up completely confused  Sticking tongue out at you!

@MaidenOfGod: No.  Just a single chaplet a day.  And you don't have to pray all four sets of Mysteries.  Only the three traditional Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious.

Since it's the summer I'm going to start praying it in thaat fashion
(06-17-2011, 12:20 PM)ketchum Wrote: Since it's the summer I'm going to start praying it in thaat fashion

Saint Louis recommended it and if I can be so arrogant to include my self in this same sentence I recommend it as well  LOL.  Do your Joyful in the morning, Sorrowful in the afternoon and Glorious in the evening.  Works like a charm.
(06-17-2011, 11:23 AM)ketchum Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 11:21 AM)revert_43 Wrote:

So everyday? O:

Yes, everyday, On weekends I usually find time somewhere during the day.