Poll: Are you a member of the Confraternity?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary
(06-17-2011, 12:25 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [quote='ketchum' pid='795195' dateline='1308327649']Since it's the summer I'm going to start praying it in thaat fashion

Saint Louis recommended it and if I can be so arrogant to include my self in this same sentence I recommend it as well  :laughing:.  Do your Joyful in the morning, Sorrowful in the afternoon and Glorious in the evening.  Works like a charm.
[/quote

Do I have to pray the Credo the pater noster and the three aves for all the other ones (since they are divided)?
(06-17-2011, 01:00 PM)ketchum Wrote: Do I have to pray the Credo the pater noster and the three aves for all the other ones (since they are divided)?

The Credo, the Pater, three Aves (and the Gloria) are technically not part of the Rosary, so you don't have to say them at all. That said, when I say all three Crowns in one day, I always say the preparatory prayers if the Crowns are separated.
(06-17-2011, 01:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 01:00 PM)ketchum Wrote: Do I have to pray the Credo the pater noster and the three aves for all the other ones (since they are divided)?

The Credo, the Pater, three Aves (and the Gloria) are technically not part of the Rosary, so you don't have to say them at all. That said, when I say all three Crowns in one day, I always say the preparatory prayers if the Crowns are separated.

I think I'll have the introduction this way from now on (all in Latin of course)

http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/...arium.html
(06-17-2011, 01:18 PM)ketchum Wrote: I think I'll have the introduction this way from now on (all in Latin of course)

http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/...arium.html

This is how I open my rosary as well.  It really gives it a feel as Our Lady's Psalter (without the Credo, Pater and Aves).  After finishing the Slave Regina, Memorare and prayers for the Pope, I close with "May the souls of the faithful departed.." and finally "may the divine assistance remain always with us" as this is how the Little Office closes.
(06-17-2011, 11:39 AM)MaidenofGod Wrote: just for the confraternity, you don't have to say all 4 mysteries in the one sitting, do you?  ???

four mysteries?
(06-17-2011, 06:56 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 11:39 AM)MaidenofGod Wrote: just for the confraternity, you don't have to say all 4 mysteries in the one sitting, do you?  ???

four mysteries?

She is including the Luminous mysteries. 
(06-17-2011, 06:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 06:56 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:

four mysteries?

She is including the Luminous mysteries. 

oh, I see, the 20 mysteries. You dont need to pray the luminous mysteries for the confraternity at all. they're an optional addition and can be totally ignored.
Those "Mysteries of Light" deepen the Rosary since they include so much more on the life of Our Lord, but they screw up the whole "Mary's Psalter" way of thinking of the Rosary and also mess the days up for the meditation of the Rosary for those who do not pray an entire rosary