Traditional Latin Mass or Traditional Spiritual Formation?
I have been doing some soul-searching lately, and am concluding that the Traditional Latin Mass is really only part of what I am after.

I want an overall Traditional Spiritual Formation. I want real, meaningful Confession experiences, hard-hitting sermons that call sin a sin, a fellowship community of like-minded pilgrims who all want to practice the faith in its overall Traditional Form, and all rite in a Traditional way.

I have been attending TLM at a NO parish for years. A motu-Mass, from what I have read elsewhere on this site. While helpful, and a darn sight better than a NO worship experience, I am finding I want more than only Traditional Mass. I want a full Traditional formation.

I think there is more to this trek, especially from what I have read at Fisheaters over the years. I am thinking that in light of our current upset at my parish, it may be time to go elsewhere, to a place where a more comprehensive spiritual formation may more readily occur.

Have any of you felt this way? Does anyone have some perspective for me that would help clarify things for me a little?
(06-16-2011, 10:21 PM)CyberSaint Wrote: I have been doing some soul-searching lately, and am concluding that the Traditional Latin Mass is really only part of what I am after.

I want an overall Traditional Spiritual Formation. I want real, meaningful Confession experiences, hard-hitting sermons that call sin a sin, a fellowship community of like-minded pilgrims who all want to practice the faith in its overall Traditional Form, and all rite in a Traditional way.

I have been attending TLM at a NO parish for years. A motu-Mass, from what I have read elsewhere on this site. While helpful, and a darn sight better than a NO worship experience, I am finding I want more than only Traditional Mass. I want a full Traditional formation.

I think there is more to this trek, especially from what I have read at Fisheaters over the years. I am thinking that in light of our current upset at my parish, it may be time to go elsewhere, to a place where a more comprehensive spiritual formation may more readily occur.

Have any of you felt this way? Does anyone have some perspective for me that would help clarify things for me a little?

Definitively. The second part that you are looking for is Doctrine.
That's the root of the problem. The TLM is beautiful. And once you start to question everything about the Mass, and why the Novus Ordo replaced "in-practice" the TLM, then you open up Pandora's box. You will pretty much feel that there are two religions. The Catholic Church and the Conciliar church.
Be warned, once you delve into true doctrine, you will lose a lot of friends and maybe family even.
Some will start to tell you that "you are showing off" or "being more Catholic than the Pope".
Once you understand the basis of the TLM, you can never walk into a NO mass again and not know that you will offend God.
So you might want to think about keeping to your KoC council 2782. And disregard the newer KoC councils.

I see you are in St. Louis head over to St. Francis de Sales where the trad community is.
St. Francis de Sales Oratory, is, of course, wonderful.  You can read some of the recent Sunday sermons on the St. Louis Catholic blog, buried amongst the other posts: http://stlouiscatholic.blogspot.com/
I have heard that Fr. Price from the Oratory of Ss. Gregory and Augustine gives very good sermons, as well.

In regards to your other post, I gathered some information from my friends about the latter Oratory, and will send it your way soon. :)

In Christo Rege,
    -Steven