Cigars
(06-21-2011, 08:49 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: Why does anybody bother replying to Data? About the only thing he's in favor of is beards, but that's just because they don't let him handle sharp objects. 

He's got some syndrome or other - think of a medical term for Social Retardion - which prevents him from behaving like a normal human. He'll post in threads about breastfeeding or choosing a sanitary napkin in the Women's forum, if there's no other threads in which to pontificate. I was sad to see him renege on his promise to leave FE because Knuckles was heckling him.

As a person who seems to be claiming to have normal social skills and therefore a knowledge of appropriate behaviour, you have no excuse for for such a nasty offensive post.
(06-21-2011, 08:49 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: Why does anybody bother replying to Data? About the only thing he's in favor of is beards, but that's just because they don't let him handle sharp objects. 

He's got some syndrome or other - think of a medical term for Social Retardion - which prevents him from behaving like a normal human. He'll post in threads about breastfeeding or choosing a sanitary napkin in the Women's forum, if there's no other threads in which to pontificate. I was sad to see him renege on his promise to leave FE because Knuckles was heckling him.

My son has that same "Social Retardion" as does my brother.  So, are you going to show some decency and respect of others or do I need to extract it from you?
(06-21-2011, 09:11 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: My son has that same "Social Retardion" as does my brother.  So, are you going to show some decency and respect of others or do I need to extract it from you?
You aren't going to extract anything.

I stopped making coerced apologies when I was about 8. If I don't mean it, I won't say it.

If you simply can't remain impartial, then go ahead and play God and boot me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, a sedevacantist, nor anti-Semitic, so I never really fit well anyway. 
(06-22-2011, 08:53 AM)SoCalLocal Wrote:
(06-21-2011, 09:11 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: My son has that same "Social Retardion" as does my brother.  So, are you going to show some decency and respect of others or do I need to extract it from you?
You aren't going to extract anything.

I stopped making coerced apologies when I was about 8. If I don't mean it, I won't say it.

If you simply can't remain impartial, then go ahead and play God and boot me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, a sedevacantist, nor anti-Semitic, so I never really fit well anyway. 

An impartial person would also see that your post was way out of line, as you can see from the responses to your disgusting post.  I can not imagine that anyone will see  Quis as abusing his power as a moderator, whatever he chooses to do about about you.  If you can't tell how terribly wrong it was to write what you did, I hope he does ban you. 
I'm sorry, but this is what happens when a person is allowed too much leeway because of a disability.  If someone had told Rosarium beforehand how he comes across, and how his constant posting of his opinion in a "causa finitas est" kind of way makes him look, he would not be getting criticized now.  I see a lot of frustration in DK and in SoCal and some of the others, and punishing them while letting Rosarium off because he's handicapped is not the right solution.  I understand that people want to defend Rosarium, but this is not going to help him in the long run.

(06-22-2011, 10:32 AM)HolySouls Wrote: You know, one of the things that everyone has to learn is:  Not everyone is going to be nice.  Even you are occasionally not going to be nice.  Welcome to the world.  Considering some of the things I've seen on this site, I would think that lesson was learned a long time ago. 

As Catholics, our standard for behaviour is not doing what everyone else does.  I fail to live up to the standard of Church teaching.  I fail often.  But I don't pretend it's OK.  I apologize and I try to do better.
(06-22-2011, 10:53 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 10:32 AM)HolySouls Wrote: You know, one of the things that everyone has to learn is:  Not everyone is going to be nice.  Even you are occasionally not going to be nice.  Welcome to the world.  Considering some of the things I've seen on this site, I would think that lesson was learned a long time ago. 

As Catholics, our standard for behaviour is not doing what everyone else does.  I fail to live up to the standard of Church teaching.  I fail often.  But I don't pretend it's OK.  I apologize and I try to do better.

I modified it while you were posting, to what I really wanted to say.  Feel free to comment.
It's best to return the conversation bsck to puffin cigars.
(06-22-2011, 11:12 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: It's best to return the conversation bsck to puffin cigars.

Good idea! 

Er, I don't know anything about cigars ...
(06-22-2011, 10:32 AM)HolySouls Wrote: I'm sorry, but this is what happens when a person is allowed too much leeway because of a disability.  If someone had told Rosarium beforehand how he comes across, and how his constant posting of his opinion in a "causa finitas est" kind of way makes him look, he would not be getting criticized now.  I see a lot of frustration in DK and in SoCal and some of the others, and punishing them while letting Rosarium off because he's handicapped is not the right solution.  I understand that people want to defend Rosarium, but this is not going to help him in the long run.

Rosarium does not have a disability.  He copes with being smarter than most people very well.  I consider him one of the best posters on FE.

I have seen no evidence that he expects people to give him leeway or that people give it. Plenty of people have criticiized Rosarium before this.  

There are many people who state there opinions in ways that some others do not like.  Many people dislike any opinion that disagrees with their own. There is nothing wrong with posting things that others do not like and therefore nothing to punish.  It is wrong, however, to be deliberately cruel and hurtful as SoCal was.