Cigars
(06-22-2011, 11:24 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 10:32 AM)HolySouls Wrote: I'm sorry, but this is what happens when a person is allowed too much leeway because of a disability.  If someone had told Rosarium beforehand how he comes across, and how his constant posting of his opinion in a "causa finitas est" kind of way makes him look, he would not be getting criticized now.  I see a lot of frustration in DK and in SoCal and some of the others, and punishing them while letting Rosarium off because he's handicapped is not the right solution.  I understand that people want to defend Rosarium, but this is not going to help him in the long run.

Rosarium does not have a disability.  He copes with being smarter than most people very well.  I consider him one of the best posters on FE.

I have seen no evidence that he expects people to give him leeway or that people give it. Plenty of people have criticiized Rosarium before this.  

There are many people who state there opinions in ways that some others do not like.  Many people dislike any opinion that disagrees with their own. There is nothing wrong with posting things that others do not like and therefore nothing to punish.  It is wrong, however, to be deliberately cruel and hurtful as SoCal was.

Yes he does -- he has Asperger's and that is definitely a disability.  I didn't claim that he expects people to give him leeway, but people have indeed given it to him.  Criticisms from the members are one thing, but I'm talking about the Admin's reaction.  I was originally going to post about that, but I changed my mind.  I'll post about it now.  Yes, maybe SoCal was cruel but so has DK been and so have others been, and I don't mean just with respect to Rosarium.  This forum is full of cruel statements, about other posters, about members of the Church, about Jews.  But just becuase the forum owner is related to two people with Asperger's, all of a sudden it's a problem.  it's fundamentally unfair, and that's what I take issue with, really.

Now, let's let this thread go back to being about cigars, please.  If you have more to argue, PM me.
Look
I was fuckin chump for playin dirty wih Rosie and using anger to use words that I KNEW would hurt him.
That's my fault and I sencerely apologized
regardless on how annoying he is and belive me u he is very annoying and irritating and frustrating there was no need to kick him where it hurts. That's the issue here. Really
and yes he does hav a disabikty which is that aspergas thi g which makes my deliberate attack on him een more low
irbwas a failure to keep me head and keep CHRIST in sight. And really thas what it's about here it's not u fsir for quis to tske issue with that it's human
and I for one don't think Rosie struggles with beig smarter then most here. Smarts is more then how many books u csn rwfrence with google or how many wwbpaws one can read and sift through. Smarts Jayne is fsr fsr morethen that but in the end being smart or being a co plete retarded Baffin idiot as Rosie has said about me doesn't matter
does it?
The supreme law is the salvation of souls smart dumb, drunk or asperger
now
back tonthe thread
(06-22-2011, 11:35 AM)HolySouls Wrote: Yes he does -- he has Asperger's and that is definitely a disability.   I didn't claim that he expects people to give him leeway, but people have indeed given it to him.  Criticisms from the members are one thing, but I'm talking about the Admin's reaction.  I was originally going to post about that, but I changed my mind.  I'll post about it now.  Yes, maybe SoCal was cruel but so has DK been and so have others been, and I don't mean just with respect to Rosarium.  This forum is full of cruel statements, about other posters, about members of the Church, about Jews.  But just becuase the forum owner is related to two people with Asperger's, all of a sudden it's a problem.  it's fundamentally unfair, and that's what I take issue with, really.

Now, let's let this thread go back to being about cigars, please.  If you have more to argue, PM me.

It is fundamentally unfair for you to publicly criticize Quis and to expect it to go uncontested.  If you want the subject dropped then you drop it.

The owners have basically shut down discussions on Jews and Judaism because people are unable to discuss this in a civil fashion.  That is the reason for the sub-forum for that topic is currently read-only.  Someone was just banned for a violation of the rules about this.  And there have been owner/moderator interventions on a variety of other topics too.  You are mistaken in your impression that this is the only time that Quis has intervened to prevent cruel or unacceptable comments.

Quis is dealing with some serious problems in his personal life right now.  He is not moderating at his best lately due to the small amount of time he can give to it.   He does his best to be fair.  I have personally seen that he puts a great deal of thought and effort into being fair.  Right now he is undergoing great trials and it is a very bad time to make this unjust criticism of him.  Please pray for him and for Vox.
Yeah, Holy Souls, I wouldn't see that as favoritism from Quis. He's actually extremely fair and gives people lots of warnings and chances before really coming down on someone.

It falls under tha category of not insulting people for things they can't control... I mean, we can't start calling people ugly or whatnot either, and I've seen Quis put his foot down for that kind of thing too.

If someone blows their top on a heated discussion it's one thing, but we can't say that a slow deliberate cutting insult is appropriate for a Catholic forum.
(06-22-2011, 12:16 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Yeah, Holy Souls, I wouldn't see that as favoritism from Quis. He's actually extremely fair and gives people lots of warnings and chances before really coming down on someone.

It falls under tha category of not insulting people for things they can't control... I mean, we can't start calling people ugly or whatnot either, and I've seen Quis put his foot down for that kind of thing too.

If someone blows their top on a heated discussion it's one thing, but we can't say that a slow deliberate cutting insult is appropriate for a Catholic forum.

this is a better explanation than any I've seen so far.  I'll mull it over.  Thanks, Bakuryokuso (that's hard to type correctly!)
Hey no prob... and DK doesn't bother typing it correctly so he comes up with interesting variants :) Bujyukso and so forth!
Hokysouks
justvtypent different everytime
sip
works for me eh bunyakyako
and I love it!!!!!!!!  :laughing:
(06-22-2011, 12:31 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: and I love it!!!!!!!!  :laughing:

The problem is that your name is the only thing in his posts that is intelligible.    :P
(06-22-2011, 12:58 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 12:31 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: and I love it!!!!!!!!  :laughing:

The problem is that your name is the only thing in his posts that is intelligible.    :P

:laughing:  oh, you Torontonians....!