Going back to the future.
When we hear about things being done for "pastoral reasons" many of us are ready to just roll our eyes and get ready for something truly sacrilegious.

Yet some times we are pleasantly surprised here is an example of something being done truly with real "pastoral reasons" in mind.

St Joseph’s is a thriving parish where baptisms, applications for places in the school and mass attendance have at least tripled. The Church which was arranged with a view to a small and declining congregation can, at times, barely accommodate the Sunday Mass congregation. The forward facing altar took up a significant part of the nave:

http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blo...toral.html

God bless this Priest.

Oh, what a lovely and dignified altar!  :clap:
That was a really interesting article. Was I the only one that found it ironic that they kept a free standing altar so that if an older priest visited he could celebrate the new mass?
I love stories like this. What's the saying... "everything old is new again"  :)
Even the altar set up for priests who have "difficulty" saying Mass ad orientem looks dignified.
That is SO awesome. I wish that'd happen to the church here in my town. It was 'recovated' in a very similar way back in the early seventies. Maybe some day.  :pray2:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
That's beautiful.

And, ironically (for all the griping from the modernists) better for serving the people of the parish -- since more of them will now fit in the larger number of pews.  :)

The old tabernacle looks like it's covered in a graffiti doodle more suited for a high school locker.  :P