There is no vocation crisis
God gives us what He wills to give us.  We are all alive in this era because God's Will determined it.  I still think (obviously as a private, fallible musing) that this crisis may have been God's way of cleaning house and showing His Glory.  He willed for the flock to be scattered, with the faithful fighting for their faith and learning to be Christians in a world that is as unfriendly to Christians as it has been in a long time.  Even if this period is a result of Satanic meddling, Masonic conspiracies, and whatever else may be going on - God willed it, even if passively (allowing it to happen, though not directly making it happen).

What we do with the hand He has given us is up to us - that is the only part we can effect, how we choose to react to the evil in the world and how we choose to react to His Grace.

While talking about it is important for the faithful to realize what is going on, we have to be mindful of how He is calling us to change both ourselves and the world around us.
To the OP:

Well...... that's one way of thinking about it.

It's true that the traditional seminaries are filled with applicants, and thank God for that.... but they still don't provide enough priests in my opinion, and they won't until every traditional community has three full-time clerics on staff. I mean, unless I'm mistaken, the SSPX only has 3 seminaries, the FSSP only has 2, and the ICRSS only has 1. So of course they'll have more applicants than they can support. Nevertheless I find it strange that I know tons of young trad dudes who have the qualities of a future priest (or a deacon, or an oblate, or brother), yet they don't take the plunge.

As for Novus Ordo-land, I wouldn't make light of the fact that some parish churches in the United States have no pastor, or have a pastor that goes on a circuit to 3 or 4 different parishes. Just because we live in a less churchgoing age doesn't mean those people deserve to be left out to dry. On the other hand, there are some suburban parishes in my area that have an abundance of priests who seem to be quite...... comfortable, for lack of a better word.
I am fairly certain the SSPX has 5 seminaries with a new one being built.  One in Switzerland, Germany, France, Australia, The Phillipines, Argentina, and The US with the new being built in the US.

I may be wrong though.
Yes the SSPX has at least 5 seminaries, though the one if the Philippines is only a pre-seminary or novitiate to train potential priests and brothers for the Society.

There are certainly lots of good men who have the natural and spiritual qualities for the priesthood, but if they don't have the vocation or call they won't enter the seminary.

You have priests even in traditional and conservative circles who leave the priesthood (not just the SSPX as a society but the priesthood altogether) and seminarians who leave halfway though their directors are convinced they do have a vocation, simply because they lack the perseverance necessary to continue or else face other problems like temptations against their vocation. But God never allows them to be tried beyond their strength.

So we must pray very hard for priests.
(06-27-2011, 01:58 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 01:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The NO Church is dead so they aren't going to get many vocations...but the traditional orders are alive and get many vocations.

On the contrary, the seminary's are swelling with pedophiles, sodomites, heretics, and immigrants seeking liberty through priesthood.

Perhaps in the USA. In my diocese (Melbourne, Australia) the NO seminary is thriving, with more vocations now than it has had in decades, and is full of staunchly orthodox and traditional seminarians, many of whom have a keen interest in learning to celebrate the TLM as soon as they are able.
then perhaps that is good news for australia,  I know several of the younger priests close to my own age, the are humble men with a few shortcomings that show their humanity, but they wish to hold fast to the truth, though they just dont have enough latin learned to even attempt to learn the eternal mass yet sadly.  the good news is though our new bishop is very favorable to the old mass and is known for increasing vocations and really presses it, though he is soo often time pressed he hardly has time to talk to people, but he works hard and is impeccable in his faith and teachings, as well as in his mid fiftys and quite a handsome man. I bet when he was in highschool he had to hold the ladies back with a stick, I always joke, though one day I will ask him in good hearted fun of course. 
(06-27-2011, 01:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The NO Church is dead so they aren't going to get many vocations...but the traditional orders are alive and get many vocations.

On the contrary, the seminary's are swelling with pedophiles, sodomites, heretics, and immigrants seeking liberty through priesthood.

What's wrong with immigrants? St. Frances Cabrini, St. John Neuman, the marytrs to the Indians  and Blessed Xavier Seelos were all immigrants.
(06-29-2011, 01:32 PM)dymphnaw Wrote:

What's wrong with immigrants? St. Frances Cabrini, St. John Neuman, the marytrs to the Indians  and Blessed Xavier Seelos were all immigrants.

There is nothing wrong with immigrants. It is those immigrants who use the priestly or religious office to get easy access to this country. I know several who have done that.
Oh by the way My friend Greg Eichman will be ordained tommarrow in the FSSP, in Denton Nebraska, remember him in your devotions that he will be good in his priestly duties, his first mass at home will be pentecost sunday at St Peters Catholic church in fort wayne indiana at 10:30. I have to work currently that sunday but I am trying to swap hours so I can go to the mass it will be a solomn high mass which around here is very rare, we do the missa cantata every sunday but we have not the staffing for a solumn high mass more often then when they do an ordanation, and pontifical high mass, eh I dont think they have done one yet since BL John Paul 2 made the mass more available though we all know how that turned out till Pope Bennidict set forth the motu proprio in 2007.

also, a very dear friend of my dads is on her deathbed pray for her too, though she is a lutheran, she is a kind woman, grew up with my dad, she may only have hours to live if even that.
(06-29-2011, 01:33 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 01:32 PM)dymphnaw Wrote:

There is nothing wrong with immigrants. It is those immigrants who use the priestly or religious office to get easy access to this country. I know several who have done that.

Even so, I don't think it should be put on the level of the other sins in the list.