There is no vocation crisis
(06-27-2011, 09:21 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Nevertheless I find it strange that I know tons of young trad dudes who have the qualities of a future priest (or a deacon, or an oblate, or brother), yet they don't take the plunge.

That could probably be because of the way spiritual directors foolishly say "if God's calling you you'll know" or something equally annoying and unhelpful
(05-19-2012, 06:17 PM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: Oh by the way My friend Greg Eichman will be ordained tommarrow in the FSSP, in Denton Nebraska, remember him in your devotions that he will be good in his priestly duties, his first mass at home will be pentecost sunday at St Peters Catholic church in fort wayne indiana at 10:30. I have to work currently that sunday but I am trying to swap hours so I can go to the mass it will be a solomn high mass which around here is very rare, we do the missa cantata every sunday but we have not the staffing for a solumn high mass more often then when they do an ordanation, and pontifical high mass, eh I dont think they have done one yet since BL John Paul 2 made the mass more available though we all know how that turned out till Pope Bennidict set forth the motu proprio in 2007.

also, a very dear friend of my dads is on her deathbed pray for her too, though she is a lutheran, she is a kind woman, grew up with my dad, she may only have hours to live if even that.
You could come to St. John Fisher's.  :)
I know of it, but they are pius x, besides what would be the purpose, they have not reconciled yet, I am fine and well pleased with the Mother Gurin Latin mass community fssp, and some of the pius x people are antagonistic to me
(05-19-2012, 07:35 PM)JMartyr Wrote: You could come to St. John Fisher's.  :)

Are you a regular parishioner there?
Pointing out the lack of priests as if this is the heart of the issue is like pointing out that gay men get cancer without ever mentioning AIDS.  The post-conciliar higher-ups do not want to admit that there is a real and present crisis of faith.
There is no crisis. We are just in a wintertime, with a springtime soon approaching. Even though, as this guy said:

Peter W. Miller Wrote:It is questionable whether the proper functions of Catholics is to hunt down, "expose" and condemn Catholics they suspect of undue rigidity, disobedience or "material schism"; especially while giving support to a Vatican ecumenical campaign which addresses heretics and actual Schismatics as "separated brethren", Jews as "people of the covenant" and Muslims as "people of God". This is part of the overall contradiction (or inconsistency) that permeates the "conservative" mentality. Cloaked in a pledged loyalty to all things "whatsoever" emanating from the Holy See, many "conservatives" will go beyond the measures taken by the Church leaders, or even disagree with their actual positions. The Hawaii "excommunications" were an obvious example but others can be seen. "Conservatives" denounce as "Schismatic" all those who set foot in SSPX chapels while the Vatican embraces the Schismatics in China. "Conservatives" deny any significant change at the Second Vatican Council while the Pope celebrates the enormity and impact of the changes. "Conservatives" seek the conversion of the Eastern "Orthodox" while the Vatican promises not to "proselytize" them. "Conservatives" deride American bishops while the Pope appoints and promotes the same ones.

We're just old fuddy duddies who prefer the old ways and old Mass. It's becuase of those darned liberals and bad interpretations that we're in this mess!!!
(05-19-2012, 06:17 PM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: Oh by the way My friend Greg Eichman will be ordained tommarrow in the FSSP, in Denton Nebraska, remember him in your devotions that he will be good in his priestly duties, his first mass at home will be pentecost sunday at St Peters Catholic church in fort wayne indiana at 10:30. I have to work currently that sunday but I am trying to swap hours so I can go to the mass it will be a solomn high mass which around here is very rare, we do the missa cantata every sunday but we have not the staffing for a solumn high mass more often then when they do an ordanation, and pontifical high mass, eh I dont think they have done one yet since BL John Paul 2 made the mass more available though we all know how that turned out till Pope Bennidict set forth the motu proprio in 2007.

also, a very dear friend of my dads is on her deathbed pray for her too, though she is a lutheran, she is a kind woman, grew up with my dad, she may only have hours to live if even that.

:pray: :pray:

You ought to re-post these in the Oratory thread, too.
(05-19-2012, 08:06 PM)LongfellowDeeds Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 07:35 PM)JMartyr Wrote: You could come to St. John Fisher's.  :)

Are you a regular parishioner there?
I have been since Nappanee closed.
(06-28-2011, 02:53 AM)Raskolnikov Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 01:58 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 01:12 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The NO Church is dead so they aren't going to get many vocations...but the traditional orders are alive and get many vocations.

On the contrary, the seminary's are swelling with pedophiles, sodomites, heretics, and immigrants seeking liberty through priesthood.

Perhaps in the USA. In my diocese (Melbourne, Australia) the NO seminary is thriving, with more vocations now than it has had in decades, and is full of staunchly orthodox and traditional seminarians, many of whom have a keen interest in learning to celebrate the TLM as soon as they are able.

Are you talking about Corpus Christi seminary?