Those ah-ha moments- Father's homily, etc
I loved our priest's homily this past Sunday on the importance of the Blessed Sacrament and how all of the sacraments lead back to the Eucharist. He also quoted one of the saints saying that the point of sacramental marriage is to bring up children to receive the Eucharist. I had one of those eye awakening moments. Have you ever had one of those moments due to a priest's homily or a realization about the sacraments?
Every week.
Sometimes you get those when you read a great Catholic book and something you didn't fully understand jumps out at you.
(06-28-2011, 12:20 PM)salus Wrote: Sometimes you get those when you read a great Catholic book and something you didn't fully understand jumps out at you.

I have to agree with you on that one. I have been reading on the life of St. Joseph lately and things just pop out. It's the same way when I do lectio divina.
I get those ah-ha moments almost every time I listen to AudioSancto
(06-28-2011, 09:27 AM)gatewood1988 Wrote: I had one of those eye awakening moments. Have you ever had one of those moments due to a priest's homily or a realization about the sacraments?

I can say with certitude that I've had a few eye closing moments during father's sermon . . .  :pipe:
(06-28-2011, 03:01 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: I get those ah-ha moments almost every time I listen to AudioSancto

Same here! every.single.time.

(06-28-2011, 04:05 PM)beatus vir Wrote: I can say with certitude that I've had a few eye closing moments during father's sermon . . .  :pipe:
Was the sermon was so great that it lead you into meditation?!  :laughing:
One of our parish priests, who typically says the NO did the Triduum.  During Maundy Thursday mass his sermon was about the Eucharist and how people might fall or commit sins after recieving commuion (specifically very soon after) and he reminded us that the Eucharist isn't (paraphrasing, there are better ways of putting this) a magical potion that makes it so we dont' sin, but helps give us the strength not to.  To illustrate, he pointed out how immediately after The Last Supper (the first mass, holy communions) the apostles, minus John, run and hid, and that Peter denied him three times.  Right after Holy Communion.  I have remembered this ever since.  It really helps to know not to see the sacraments as some sort of "get out of jail free card" and that they give us spiritual strength, but they don't take control of our actions.  We still have to desire to love God, the sacraments don't make us any less human.  We still have to work to love God and not offend him.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Had one of those on Monday at my church that has closed. It was the birthday of our priest who had passed away as well as our nomrla night for the rosary and novena and a neighboring priest came to say a mass for our deceased priest and he gave an amazing homily on the Blessed Virgin Mary. I am going to check out his church because I saw a lot of things that he does that that I haven't seen since Father passed. Hoping his regular homilies are as good as the one he gave last night.