Catholic communities
Interesting.  Wonder if there's work in Cherokee.
Saskwtgcewan is mainly Cree.
Thank you, Wallflower. That right nice of you.
In my view, if Legatus were a seriously Catholic-centered mission, we would see more investment directed in this regard.  There are many well-intended people who belong to this organization and with the right leadership from Rome, would commit funds to create bona fide Catholic communities.
It would be far easier to create enclaves or ghettos in cities around TLM parishes/centers then back-to-Earthing it. But it depends on what speed you want.
I think catholic communities can be only truly realized when there is an economic system that allows a degree of financial independence be adopted, whether it is through manufacturing of specialized products or inter-trade among catholic communities.  How interesting it would be if communities are founded nearby to provide economic trade with each other, one produces pottery, the other stones, agriculture products, etc, have a medium of exchange, surpluses exported to pay for taxes and development funds as well as other modern necessities.  Of course, there is the elephant in the room, government, seeing that people don't need them for nothing more  than to maintain roads will grow jealous of power lost and will do what they can to ruin it, taxing, tolling, slandering, etc.  Also, there needs to be a mindset of the settlers that this is not an "utopian" village, rather a village a place where people can live their lives with dignity and respect and love.

My dream is build a city upon the hill for all eyes to see.  Cobblestoned streets that can only be walked not driven across.  Massive stone walls, public walls painted in vivid frescoes, fountains, libraries, and a magnificant Church at the village centre. 
That city/country on a hill, It can't be a democracy. To be sure.
Secondly, No freedom of religion. And Catholicism being the official religion will this shining bastion on the hill work.

Short and sweet. If you substitute, add or take out any of the above factors, the city will go down the drain. 
(07-08-2011, 12:55 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: I think catholic communities can be only truly realized when there is an economic system that allows a degree of financial independence be adopted, whether it is through manufacturing of specialized products or inter-trade among catholic communities.  How interesting it would be if communities are founded nearby to provide economic trade with each other, one produces pottery, the other stones, agriculture products, etc, have a medium of exchange, surpluses exported to pay for taxes and development funds as well as other modern necessities.  Of course, there is the elephant in the room, government, seeing that people don't need them for nothing more  than to maintain roads will grow jealous of power lost and will do what they can to ruin it, taxing, tolling, slandering, etc.  Also, there needs to be a mindset of the settlers that this is not an "utopian" village, rather a village a place where people can live their lives with dignity and respect and love.

My dream is build a city upon the hill for all eyes to see.  Cobblestoned streets that can only be walked not driven across.  Massive stone walls, public walls painted in vivid frescoes, fountains, libraries, and a magnificant Church at the village centre. 

But that could be done in the current environment/parameters. The problem is that Trads in particular live to far apart for any conhesiveness to occur. Nobody wants to congregate in the same neighborhood as the chapel. Granted, changing real estate is not that quick and easy, but if a person truly believes that the chapel needs to be the center of their lives and neighborhood then they will move there within a few years. Distance is a killer in economic activity and the refusal to act as one is also self-defeating.
(07-08-2011, 01:01 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: That city/country on a hill, It can't be a democracy. To be sure.
Secondly, No freedom of religion. And Catholicism being the official religion will this shining bastion on the hill work.

Short and sweet. If you substitute, add or take out any of the above factors, the city will go down the drain. 

HK would have to confirm or deny this, but from what I read Ave Maria ran into trouble, because non Catholics started moving into the town and refused to abide by Catholic morality. One good example was the court case on overturning the ban on selling prono magazines in convience stores in the town. Best one could do is make sure the convience store is owned by a Catholic who will ban the material on their own accord.
You know there are nations within a nation here in Canada.  Some of the Native bands are recognized as a nation within the nation of Canada.  And I am pretty sure Quebec is now recognized as a nation within the nation of Canada.  I can't see why there couldn't eventually be a Traditional Catholic nation within the country of Canada if a bunch of Trads put their heads together.  It's a big country.