Catholic communities
(07-10-2011, 07:30 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Really
wow
never heard s thing about that. we all know about st marys kansas but hat wouldn't be considered that region of the states would it? Seems preety far
It's still considered Midwest, but Minneapolis/St. Paul is about a 12 hour drive north and a little to the east from St. Marys.  And if I'm correct, Augie is talking about the NO traditional types.  St. Marys is hard core Traditional with a few NOs thrown in downtown.  ;D
(07-10-2011, 08:44 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 07:30 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Really
wow
never heard s thing about that. we all know about st marys kansas but hat wouldn't be considered that region of the states would it? Seems preety far
It's still considered Midwest, but Minneapolis/St. Paul is about a 12 hour drive north and a little to the east from St. Marys.  And if I'm correct, Augie is talking about the NO traditional types.  St. Marys is hard core Traditional with a few NOs thrown in downtown.  ;D

Teehee, say what you want about the "NO" Traditionalists, but St. Agnes is the home of a man who was a peritus at the Vatican Council 2 and he came home broken hearted, in truth, it probably killed him, still, he attempted to put the foundations and walls in place that would defend against the deluge.

Msgr Bandas was the heart and soul of the so-called Remnant resistance with Joseph Matt, Micheal Davies [in the UK], Doctor John Rao, Vennari among others...being continued by Micheal Matt as well, continuing the fight throughout the years.

I think Msgr Bandas' efforts have been immensely successful in that they've preserved what might have otherwise been lost, and created a base that can be struck out from as Catholicism is being restored gradually by thoughtful gardeners...