Does Anybody Know About This??
(07-05-2011, 08:44 PM)salus Wrote: Are these members of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham  really traditional or just don't like homosexual clergy and other aberations? If they truly were traditional they would choose as their mass either the Roman Missal (1962) or the Sarum Missal, they would not be acting as liberal Novus Ordo clergy making up a liturgy according to their whims. I'm beginning to worry about this group. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I wouldn't group the people of the Ordinariate of OLOW with true traditional Catholics (though some individuals in it most likely are). But they are in a far better position to become traditional Catholics now than they were before.

Do you have an article which states the Ordinariate of OLOW is creating a new liturgy? I'm not dismissing you out of hand, but I haven't heard that news.
I don't remember where i read it but they formed some sort of commission to decide which liturgy they will use, rome has given them that leeway.
(07-06-2011, 08:06 PM)salus Wrote: I don't remember where i read it but they formed some sort of commission to decide which liturgy they will use, rome has given them that leeway.

I believe what you're thinking of is that Rome has given the incoming Anglican churches the options of using the Book of Divine Worship (a Catholic edit of the Book of Common Prayer), the Novus Ordo, the Tridentine Mass, and the Sarum Mass (the mass that existed at the time of the break from Rome).