Bishop Mulvey, Father Corapi and the Focolare
Bishop Mulvey, Father Corapi and the Focolare
There is a movement in the Catholic Church called the Focolare Movement which appears to be much more like a cult, and less like a Catholic movement and I am not alone in drawing that conclusion. The movement begun in 1944, seems to be centered around the teachings of their late founder Chiara Lubich. The Focolare works in closed communities, are secretive and more spiritual than religious. The reason that I discovered this movement: Bishop W Michael Mulvey.

The reason that I bring this to people's attention is because it is Bishop W Michael Mulvey who personally placed Father John Corapi on administrative leave and Bishop W Michael Mulvey who failed to investigate the legitimacy of charges leveled against Father Corapi in a single malicious letter written by an unstable former employee. Bishop W Michael Mulvey has also failed to clear Father Corapi's name and has made no comment on Father's request to be excused of his active priestly duties.

Among Bishop Mulvey's Focolare assignments are the following:

•v 1980 – 1981: Further studies on a sabbatical with the Focolare Movement

•v 1995 – 1997: Associate Director of Center for Spirituality for Diocesan Priests of the Focolare Movement in Florence, Italy

•v 1997 – 1999: Director of Center for Spirituality for Diocesan Priests of the Focolare Movement in Hyde Park, N.Y.

All told, Bishop W Michael Mulvey has given 6 years of his life to the Focolare Movement.

http://rightsoftheunborn.blogspot.com/20...i-and.html
So what are you saying?
(07-03-2011, 11:33 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Bishop Mulvey, Father Corapi and the Focolare
There is a movement in the Catholic Church called the Focolare Movement which appears to be much more like a cult, and less like a Catholic movement and I am not alone in drawing that conclusion. The movement begun in 1944, seems to be centered around the teachings of their late founder Chiara Lubich. The Focolare works in closed communities, are secretive and more spiritual than religious. The reason that I discovered this movement: Bishop W Michael Mulvey.

The reason that I bring this to people's attention is because it is Bishop W Michael Mulvey who personally placed Father John Corapi on administrative leave and Bishop W Michael Mulvey who failed to investigate the legitimacy of charges leveled against Father Corapi in a single malicious letter written by an unstable former employee. Bishop W Michael Mulvey has also failed to clear Father Corapi's name and has made no comment on Father's request to be excused of his active priestly duties.

Among Bishop Mulvey's Focolare assignments are the following:

•v 1980 – 1981: Further studies on a sabbatical with the Focolare Movement

•v 1995 – 1997: Associate Director of Center for Spirituality for Diocesan Priests of the Focolare Movement in Florence, Italy

•v 1997 – 1999: Director of Center for Spirituality for Diocesan Priests of the Focolare Movement in Hyde Park, N.Y.

All told, Bishop W Michael Mulvey has given 6 years of his life to the Focolare Movement.

http://rightsoftheunborn.blogspot.com/20...i-and.html

Yep, well THAT settles it. Let's move on! rehab the elderly sexter and kick the bishop to the curb, he's clearly lost his authority!  Thank heavens we have great priests like Johnny Corapi to lead us past these degenerate old bishops. (Just be careful when you're following him through Sacramento on a Saturday night.)  What WAS Jesus thinking when He instituted the hierarchical Church.  He should have just relied on the cult-of-personality model of leadership favored by protestants, tween girls, and half the people here.

I hear tell that if those old bishops are scoundrels in their personal lives it makes their sacraments invalid as well. Something to think about!

Heretics have no authority.
(07-10-2011, 07:27 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Heretics have no authority.

EXACTLY!  And, as Lutherans, it's up to each of us to make that determination!

Gosh, Augs, your talents are wasted here.  You could really make it big in mega-church circles! 

Maybe you could hook up with the (dyed) black sheepdog.  Kind of a Scooby and Scrappy Doo kind of gig.
Indeed, Brendan, even the laity has made such declarations in Church history and it is a matter if Church teaching that heretics have no authority.

Just citing Bellarmine and Church history.
(07-10-2011, 09:49 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Indeed, Brendan, even the laity has made such declarations in Church history and it is a matter if Church teaching that heretics have no authority.

Thank you, Master!  You're so right.

But now that you've declared the bishop a heretic without "process" (although, hey, I'M WITH YOU!) can he cry about the injustice; dye his eyebrows; pick up some hoes and strike out in independent "ministry"?  And it's fine for good katliks to follow him, right?

I have SO MUCH to learn.
Like a puss filled boil, I'd like to see this bursted. I want to know the facts, because this is not only a scandal but divisive. I'm sorry but I think we the laity have a right to know the facts. This inuendo and counter oblique statements with out enough substance to guess is just gossip. At least with Fr. Cutie we saw he had his hands where they shouldn't have been, and Fr. Francis fessed up and hit the trail. To me this zero tolerance thing is like the Dodd bill, all it does is fry the lowly priests and hide the Bishops, as the Dod bills screws the little banks and keeps the too big in tact and with new perks. God save us from our Leaders. If Fr. Corapi was doing what has been accused then this is justified if not it's a set up.

tim 
Where have I declared him a heretic?