Article on altar rails
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/alt...ing-to-use

People are figuring out something that trads knew all along:  altar rails are a good thing and promote reverence.
Several of us suggested to our pastor that he replace the altar rails.  In response we just got a slight smile - which is the replacement for "I'm not listening to you."   This was months ago.   Still, there were people who chose to kneel for communion despite no altar rail.  The response has been that the past two weeks there have been full-page articles trying to "educate" those who kneel on why it's not good for them to do so.   I sometimes wonder (okay, always wonder) at the ignorance of people who display this attitude that kneeling is harmful even after they are shown the example set by our Holy Father.

It's good to see that the communion rails are returning, however, even if so slowly.   I wish we could get them around here, though I think we'll need a new pastor who isn't so hostile to Tradition before that happens.

Lol.  Isn't it sad that a pastor who opposes what the church has done for so long is in good standing, while the sspx continues to be slandered and libeled.
Nice article and I agree with your response.
The removal of altar rails was one of the first things Protestants would do once they took over a formerly-Catholic church during the Reformation.  I can't believe Catholics in the past 40 years have done the same : /
(07-04-2011, 07:40 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Lol.  Isn't it sad that a pastor who opposes what the church has done for so long is in good standing, while the sspx continues to be slandered and libeled.

Even here.
(07-04-2011, 08:03 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: The removal of altar rails was one of the first things Protestants would do once they took over a formerly-Catholic church during the Reformation.  I can't believe Catholics in the past 40 years have done the same : /

Strangely, there are more surviving rood screens in Protestant England than anywhere else. And I've seen more mainstream Episcopal churches use altar rails than Catholic churches.
Some people there are commenting how they can't kneel, and that's fine -- no one is forced to kneel if they are physically unable!

Interestingly enough, these people indirectly highlight the trend we're seeing with us Catholic youth coming back to tradition. It's mostly us young people who want to see this type of reverence back in our churches...

Kneeling then is not only a sign of submission and respect to Our Lord, but can also indirectly show the vigor of those who want to preserve the faith.
(07-04-2011, 08:48 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(07-04-2011, 08:03 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: The removal of altar rails was one of the first things Protestants would do once they took over a formerly-Catholic church during the Reformation.  I can't believe Catholics in the past 40 years have done the same : /

Strangely, there are more surviving rood screens in Protestant England than anywhere else. And I've seen more mainstream Episcopal churches use altar rails than Catholic churches.

The English Reformation was a weird thing...
wow, not an article I would expect to read in NCR.