Springfield MA priest found dead
As a native, I know a "little something" about the Church in Massachusetts.  On a per capita basis, Springfield has Boston eclipsed when it comes to crooked bishops, (sexually) abusive priests, and secular enablers in the DA's office.  It's been rotten for 40 + years

Google it with the right keywords and you'll have hours of reading that will make your stomachs crawl straight out of your mouths.

I accuse this particular man of nothing but the Church in Springfield is diseased...
(07-05-2011, 04:59 PM)BrendanD Wrote: As a native, I know a "little something" about the Church in Massachusetts.  On a per capita basis, Springfield has Boston eclipsed when it comes to crooked bishops, (sexually) abusive priests, and secular enablers in the DA's office.  It's been rotten for 40 + years

Google it with the right keywords and you'll have hours of reading that will make your stomachs crawl straight out of your mouths.

I accuse this particular man of nothing but the Church in Springfield is diseased...

This.

(as one native New Englander to another).
(07-05-2011, 09:06 PM)NECatholic Wrote: This.

Go Sox!  :cheers:
That diocese has been in the forefront of the sexual scandals, God only knows what is involved here. Was he depressed, lots of unanswered questions. Sounds like that priest about 5-10 years ago that came out with allegations against Bishop Hubbard and the Albany police covering things up and right after talking to a journalist was dead of a suicide ...hmmmmm
(07-05-2011, 10:05 PM)salus Wrote: Was he depressed?

If he shot himself...probably.
(07-05-2011, 10:05 PM)salus Wrote: That diocese has been in the forefront of the sexual scandals, God only knows what is involved here. Was he depressed, lots of unanswered questions. Sounds like that priest about 5-10 years ago that came out with allegations against Bishop Hubbard and the Albany police covering things up and right after talking to a journalist was dead of a suicide ...hmmmmm

That's what I was thinking too.  Maybe he threatened to "out" the homos and enablers.  If he committed suicide it doesn't make sense that he'd do it in a closet or not leave a note.  Years ago my father found a friend that I grew up with, the cops called it a suicide but dad didn't think so.
You're not telling me that the hierarchy is capable of framing, extorting and blackmailing priests and uncooperative Bishops who aren't springtime people, are you?

:(
(07-05-2011, 09:34 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 09:06 PM)NECatholic Wrote: This.

Go Sox!  :cheers:

Go yanks......NY!!!!!!
(07-05-2011, 10:57 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: You're not telling me that the hierarchy is capable of framing, extorting and blackmailing priests and uncooperative Bishops who aren't springtime people, are you?

:(

Check his garage for numerous luxury cars.  Then happen on down to the boat slip to see if he has several motor boats.  (You'll know they're his by the "I  (Heart) Gospa" stickers on the bow.) Finally, ask the whore he's been shacking up with to let you take a peek at the property records to see if any of the valuations come in under, say, a million dollars. 

That's how the hierarchy usually frames those good Medjugorje priests.  They drop a few million over the course of years to really fix his wagon good. 

Happens all the time.

Really.

No, seriously.
(07-05-2011, 10:41 PM)mikemac Wrote: If he committed suicide it doesn't make sense that he'd do it in a closet or not leave a note. 

C'mon, people, work with me here. They found him in the closet.  :salute: